Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

State Clubs...Cool

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Iron Nose, Feb 18, 2007.

  1. I didn't know there were forums broken down by state on GT. Very Cool!

    I posted this in General Glocking, but will copy and paste it here too.

    "This goes out to all the North Carolinans on the board. How stringent are the NC gun laws. I am a soon-to-be medically retired Peace Officer in good standing out here in CA. In CA I am still able to CC under my retired PO status. Will I have the same rights in NC, or do I have to apply for a permit as a citizen? I know the law that Bush signed a couple of years ago, grants us the ability to cross states and CC, but not sure about the retired status. We are seriously considering relocation to NC. I am originally from Balto., MD, but have no desire to move back there. NC will be much closer to my family in MD. I would also like to PM with some NCers about employment and location suggestions."
  2. Bogey

    Bogey The Mouth® CLM

    Sep 11, 2004
    Raleigh, NC

    Howdy Iron Nose!!

    I'm not sure if there is any specific statute regarding out of state retired LEOs getting permits. The following is copy/pasted from website.

    "Attn: Retired LEO's
    The documents you will need to present when applying for your permit are as follows:

    (1) A copy of the officer's letter of retirement from either the North Carolina Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System or the North Carolina Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System.

    (2) Written documentation from the head of the agency where the person was previously employed indicating that the person was neither involuntarily terminated nor under administrative or criminal investigation within six months of retirement.

    It is not clear, but seems logical that these documents would be in lieu of a CCW training certificate. Please contact the Sheriff's office in your county of residence for more information."

    There is other info on the site you'd want to know. Just go to THIS SITE and read up on the laws concerning CCW here.

    As far as stringency goes, there are SOME stupid laws regarding carry, but all in all, it's not bad. Feel free to PM me if you want. I'm not the most knowledgeable, but I'll try to help any way I can.

  3. MrsKitty


    Mar 23, 2003
    You may want to get the NC carry permit whether you need it or not. It bypasses having to obtain purchase permits for handguns.

    I know some people who don't carry but got the permit just to dodge the hassle of getting purchase permits.