Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Stat from Runner's World Magazine

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by ewert, Mar 5, 2005.

1. ewert

ewert Glockin' Winger

In an article in this Month's Runner's World Magazine I read that by ingesting only 100 extra calories per day will compute to 10 pounds of weight gain if you are not exercising. So by eating two cookies after lunch, there is your ten pounds. Just thought it was interesting. I know I have started to watch the intake more and am working on increasing the output in the form of running and workouts. Gotta loose 10 pounds, so no cookies for me!

2. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Apr 26, 2001
    Lewisville, TX USA
    I read somewhere that the America obesity problem is the equivalent of 1 potato chip extra each day. Spread that across 72 years and I guess it adds up.

3. anomad

Jan 9, 2003
    The standard guidance for cyclists is to try and lose one pound/per week to get down to your "fighting weight" before race season. That come out to about 100 calories a day (that is to say a 100 caloric defecit). Eat less than that and you sacrifice energy for your workouts, more and you gain. It requires keeping a food log and weighing all your caloric intake.
    It works, I've done it. That said, I could stand to lose about 5 or even 10 pounds right now and my season starts next weekend!! doh!
  4. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

Jun 18, 2004
    NW MS