close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Star PD

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ScarFace88, Jan 27, 2012.

1. I found one for sale for $225 but it has some finish issues, but it would be a carry pistol, so I would have no qualms with duracoting/cerakoting it. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's a Spanish made 1911 style pistol. It's kinda like a CCO but with a slightly shorter barrel.

What do you guys think? Is 225 a fair price?

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Yes, but remember it's been out of production for over 20 years.

Something breaks, have fun finding parts.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  4. hannstv

hannstv

Jun 13, 2008
    These are great carry guns. I have one but do not shoot it much because they do not stand up very well. I carried it with 185 Silvertips for years. The Silvertips did not beat the gun up as badly. Finding replacement parts is a challenge.

5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    cogan station, pa, usa
  6. Had a couple back in the day. Worked well. Recoil was pretty heavy due to the light weight.

7. Teej

Teej

Oct 16, 2008
    What caliber? I've seen .45's and 9mm's. I've seen a few 9mms list on gun broker recently in the price point you mentioned.

8. It's a .45.

I have managed to find a source for parts, there is a guy on Gunboards that bought the entire factory stock of parts when Star went bankrupt in the mid 90s. He has just about everything except frames, barrels, and recoil buffers. There appears to be someone reproducing the buffers, as there are some for sale on GunBroker.

9. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Here is my STAR PD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a decent shooting pistol, but I would get something more dependable for CCW. Something like a RIA Compact or Tactical Compact.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the ATI FX45 TITAN would be a good choice as well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  10. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    Great little pistol. Mine went bang every time. I miss mine particularly when I look at the cost of pistols today. Yeah, I would grab it at that price.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  11. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    I love my Star PD and it is just so easy to carry. I just put 240 rounds through it yesterday. You can find all parts on line for the PD. I just got buffers this week from a guy on Gunbroker. The PD is now my primary carry gun and it only cost me $350. If you decide not to get the one you are looking at please let me know because I am looking for another one as my back up. Thanks and good luck.