close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Star PD .45 holsters

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Citadel15L, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Citadel15L

Citadel15L
    Expand Collapse

I was recently given a Star PD .45 by my mothers stepfather. It seems like a decent gun. From what I can tell it just seems like a compact 1911. I've done some research on it and they stopped making them in 1990 and as result I've been having a hard time finding any sort of suitable holster. Does anyone know about this gun and also know a good holster for it? Both IWB and OWB.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

the Star PD .45 is an excellent auto, good luck finding a holster, look in the used market like in e-bay, seems like the holster makers only are making holsters for the current crop of autos.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

There's always the custom leathers route.

4. mgs

mgs
    Expand Collapse
    Always Carrying
    Millennium Member

Fits fine in any 1911 4" Holster. Carried a PD for years.

5. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the PD club. After a long time trying, I fi ally got my hands on one and am trying holsters myself. I have a Ted Blocker DA2 OWB for a Colt Officer's model that fits nice but it could use either a couple more stitches at the trigger guard to make the gun ride a bit higher in the holster or another 1/8" of leather on the bottom. I have had them do some work for me before and if you contact them directly I bet it would be no problem.

6. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Business Al

Waking the thread up, rather than starting another one on the same subject.

Would this work?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Holster-fits-4-Inch-Left/dp/B009PTUS0E/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1403327797&sr=8-9&keywords=desantis+mad+max"]Amazon.com : Desantis Mad Max Holster fits 4-Inch S/A XD9, Left Hand, Tan : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31X4yW0oUbL.@@AMEPARAM@@31X4yW0oUbL[/ame]