Star PD .45 holsters

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Citadel15L, Apr 16, 2013.

1. I was recently given a Star PD .45 by my mothers stepfather. It seems like a decent gun. From what I can tell it just seems like a compact 1911. I've done some research on it and they stopped making them in 1990 and as result I've been having a hard time finding any sort of suitable holster. Does anyone know about this gun and also know a good holster for it? Both IWB and OWB.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    New Starter Kit for Hybrid Holsters KnifeKits.com Mar 3, 2015
    Illinois Patriots: Let's all start wearing empty holsters in protest! Gun-Control Issues Apr 5, 2012
    Lonestar Tactical Holsters ?? Carry Issues Jul 3, 2011
    Just getting started: Holsters and Belt? General Competition Jun 18, 2010
    WTB Star PD and Kahr holsters Wanted To Buy Mar 1, 2003

3. the Star PD .45 is an excellent auto, good luck finding a holster, look in the used market like in e-bay, seems like the holster makers only are making holsters for the current crop of autos.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

There's always the custom leathers route.

5. mgs

mgs Always Carrying
    Millennium Member

Fits fine in any 1911 4" Holster. Carried a PD for years.

6. Welcome to the PD club. After a long time trying, I fi ally got my hands on one and am trying holsters myself. I have a Ted Blocker DA2 OWB for a Colt Officer's model that fits nice but it could use either a couple more stitches at the trigger guard to make the gun ride a bit higher in the holster or another 1/8" of leather on the bottom. I have had them do some work for me before and if you contact them directly I bet it would be no problem.

7. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Waking the thread up, rather than starting another one on the same subject.

Would this work?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Holster-fits-4-Inch-Left/dp/B009PTUS0E/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1403327797&sr=8-9&keywords=desantis+mad+max"]Amazon.com : Desantis Mad Max Holster fits 4-Inch S/A XD9, Left Hand, Tan : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31X4yW0oUbL.@@AMEPARAM@@31X4yW0oUbL[/ame]