Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Star Firestar Plus

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Ryan-17, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Ryan-17

Jan 18, 2010
    I just recently acquired a Interarms Star Firestar Plus 9mm. I got it from my grandma, she just gave it to me. To be honest at first I was like WTF is this??? but after doing some research and taking it to the shooting range I really like the pistol.

I just wanted to share and see if there are any other firestar owners out there.

only questions I have are where can i find a holster, and magazines for this thing????
  2. Ryan-17

Jan 18, 2010
    here is a picture.[​IMG]

3. Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  4. Ryan-17

Jan 18, 2010
  5. Ryan-17

Jan 18, 2010
    any other Firestar owners out there?
  6. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    The FireStar pistols are great pistols.

All steel, reliable and accurate, that is as long as you kept it
    properly lubricated.

I doubt you'll have any problems with it but, 99.99% of any problems you might have will be caused in this order.

1. Lack of or improper lubrication.
    2. Bad magazine.
    3. Weak or under powered ammo.

I've owned several of them over the years, and they are sadly missed.
  7. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Jan 8, 2004
    Southern IN
    I've always wanted a Firestar in 9mm, but the few examples I have run across in local shops have looked like they were used as a hammer. :crying:
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  8. Ryan-17

Jan 18, 2010
    yea I make sure to lubricate it well. Its a great little pistol though.
  9. Ryan-17

Jan 18, 2010
    The gun was my great uncle's when he passed away he left it for my grandma and she just gave it to me. I think my great uncle had only fired it a few times so it maybe has 200 rounds through it. it also came in the original tupperware with all the paperwork.
  10. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Aug 30, 2004
    I used to have one. It's the only gun I have ever gotten rid of in my life. I traded it here on GT for a Ruger P85. In was like brand spankin' new.

It liked to stovepipe and FTE. No clue why.

Yes, I told the other party of the trade prior to trading.
  11. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    I like Firestars quite a bit.

I own a Star 30M that I love. Its a bit larger than a Firestar.
  12. Not the Firestar but a 30MI. One of my favor pistol.

I have been wanting a Firestar in 40s&w for a while. Just hard to find them in the right price (need to factor in how difficult to find spare parts).
  13. Believe or not, try ebay. Now they allow 10rd mag to be sold on ebay, it's actually not a bad place to find mags (for us CA shooters...).
  14. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    The original Firestar (single stack) is all steel.
    The Firestar Plus (double stack) is alloy frame.
    The Firestar Ultrastar is polymar frame.
  15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    My second handgun ever, was a Star Firestar M40. Great gun. Traded it to a very close friend, so it's still in the family, so to speak. :cool:
  16. average nobody

average nobody

Nov 28, 2010
    I have a ultrastar, I bought sometime around early/ mid 90's it was there new polymer frame model in 9mm with 2 9rnd mags. still have it and love it maybe about 8000rds through it,(I shoot my glocks more) but I trust the ultrastar completely, I have never had any issues with it and I rarely clean it ,it has never jammed, no stovepipes, no feeding or ejection issues what so ever, will eat up any ammo I put into it.I mention to people I own a ultrastar and 98% of them say it is a crappy piece of junk, Only reason I dont shoot it much anymore is its too hard to find parts, and the original mags i keep loaded at all times even when stored ,I only shoot it now once a year just for function test, and the mags are still stiff and feeds flawlessly.It works fine for me.
  17. Golddog

Nov 26, 2003
    Parkton, MD
    Had a bunch of 9mm Firestars, as well as their .22 pistol. Should have kept them all - they had excellent cocked and locked triggers and were totally reliable. The Firestar Plus, though, had the worst ergonomics, at least for me. While the other Firestars fit my hand perfectly, the Plus model felt squarishly uncomfortable and boxy.
  18. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    I doubt you are going to find 10 rounds mag for that pistol, it was made and discontinued before the 10 rounds law, but is a great pistol.
  19. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    I had one of those sold it like an i......oh well, it's build like a tank, enjoy yours.
  20. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    I had a stainless frestar in .40S&W (M40 ?) in the late 80s, and early 90s.

Was a nice gun, just not what I wanted at the time.