close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Stainless or Titanium guide rod for G27?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by ennis, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ennis

ennis

Dec 1, 2010
    I am trying to choose between the Aro-Tek titanium guide rod and the BT stainless rod for my G27. Besides the, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comments, what are your thoughts? Have you tried either and what was your experience?

2. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Forget the titanium peace of crap. Or any other piece of titanium that they have for a Glock. I would go with the stainless. Yes I have used both. I still use the stainless in my 17 and my 24/17L unlimited guns. Have not tryed any of them on a G27. But if you want to change I would go with the stainless.

3. argy1182

argy1182

Apr 4, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV
    Why is the titanium crap?

4. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    Only thing I've ever heard in favor of titanium was the weight reduction. A nice stainless captured guide rod assembly has never been prohibitively heavy for me, so I have continued to use SS guide rods in all my Glocks, rather than paying more for titanium. I never had a bad issue with them. I have never used a titanium, though, so I have no anecdotal experience to note with them.

5. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    They wear out and in IMHO are not worth the money. A couple of us bought all of the parts about two months we all took them back out. I don’t remember the complete reason. You’re talking maybe 10 years ago. Also forget about the aluminum triggers also. A couple of us have tried I think every aftermarket part there is at one time or another. Other than sights, 3.5 Glock connectors and on our unlimited guns, stainless guide rods and lighter springs. And I like the Glock target triggers. All the rest of our Glocks are stock. And see no reason to change. I know that is not what you wanted to hear.
    But if you want to change go with the stainless.

6. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Contrary to what the makers want you to believe, there is nothing magical about the Glock guide rods.

Any guide rod will work: I bought a SS rod from ebay (do a search on the site, and it comes up immediately), it is very well made and works great.

Much CHEAPER than the ones you've listed.