Stainless "GI" Options

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by rokay, Jun 15, 2011.

1. I'm looking for a basic, as close to original looking 1911 setup in stainless steel. Figuring Springfield GI is the way to go, but before I do, are there any other options out there? I know about the Para, but I've had Paras before, and prefer Springfield.
    Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Springfield is the way to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Springfield would be my recommendation. Mine started out as a stock GI.
    Then it received a bit of "retro" work, that evolved into a complete custom build.
    All that is left of the original is the slide and frame.

[​IMG]

4. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

That's some stock GI Faawrenchbndr. :rofl:

Looks great!

5. faawrenchbndr

CLM

:tongueout:

Thanks,.......I dig it!

#5 faawrenchbndr, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  6. Greg, that's about as GI as I am good looking. :shakehead:

7. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem

SA all the way.

I have the exact same gun as you inquired about.
    I had it out this week to shoot it some, and run 100 rounds of 200 grain LSWC's through it without a hitch. The barrel is nicely throated, and the feed ramp is polished from the factory. The only downside to the gun are tiny sights. I may at some point have the Milspec high profile sights added.

Not one single malfunction with this gun at all.
    The only thing I changed on it, was the grips. I had bought some plain Hogue rubber double diamond grips for it, but they didn't fit. Either the grip screws are to long, or the panels are to thin. I had a set of finger grooved grips on it for a bit, until I settled on a pair of rosewood Altamonts.

8. :rofl::rofl:

9. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED!
    Silver Member Millennium Member
    1. Project Mayhem

I particularly like the lanyard loop.
    She'd make a hell of a pistol whipper.

10. I personally don't care much for stainless GI models. If I could do it over, I'd get the parked Springfield GI instead.

11. Brian, as your friend, I will generously help you out with a "do over". I will PM you my FFL. Send me that ugly stainless one and you are free to get yourself the parked SA GI you obviously desire. :supergrin:

You're welcome.

#11 Hokie1911, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  12. :rofl:

Paul, I appreciate your generosity. ;)

13. Just trying to help a brother out. :wavey:

14. :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend.

15. No problem. Can't have you "settling" for a gun you really don't want in your collection. :whistling:

16. Springfield is the way to go. Just say no to Para.

17. I hate stainless as I have to see, touch and breathe it every day. :dunno:

18. Jeff, I will PM you my FFL info too, if you need to get rid of those nasty stainless eyesores. :supergrin:

19. I love my SA GI Parker..great all around weapon. If all else fails and you round out of big fat flying ashtrays to sling at a BG, the old tried and true pistol whipping would work. Try doing that w/some plastic wonder 9 :rofl:

20. faawrenchbndr

CLM

:crying: