close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

St. Thomas USVI

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Glock30 Guy, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Dec 21, 2009
    SC
    Well I heard through the forum that I can't carry here but wife is making me go anyway :crying:. She mumbled something about not picking our vacation spots based on my reciprocal permit agreements :steamed:...makes no sense to me but...

Looking for some feedback about St Thomas from those that went. Good places, where to avoid, etc... We are staying at a Marriott Frenchman / Morning Star for a week and going in July. Thanks

2. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Sep 11, 2005
    Four Corners
    Oh yea, I've been there, but I was taught at home that if I don't have anything nice to say, to say nothing.

3. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Sep 11, 2005
    Four Corners
    I suppose that I do owe you an explanation. First, I should say that St. Thomas and the rest of the islands do have much to offer in the way of fun in the sun. The Caribbean, sailing, fishing, etc. The opportunity to visit the other islands and especially the British Virgin Islands. The music scene is pretty cool too if you're into the whole steel drum Calypso deal. Plenty of good Reggae too. That said St. Thomas is pretty much one, big tourist trap. Get used to paying 50 bucks for lunch. In fact, bring plenty of money because you're gonna need it. Then there's the locals. They don't like you. The only folks that will be pleasant to you have their hands out for your money. There is a strong anti white undertone. Somewhere in my boxes of travel photos I have a picture of me leaning on a stop sign in St. Thomas. Painted on the back of the sign it says **** white people. An interesting place to visit, but I won't be going back.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Dec 21, 2009
    SC
    Yikes...maybe I can get her to change her mind...