close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ssr 85c-2

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by KML, Jan 2, 2012.

1. KML

KML Millennium Member

Sep 11, 1999
    How is the SSR-85-C rifle?It was made by Armory .I have been looking for a AK47 and was put in touch with an old friend who is moving and sold it to me for $400.So I know I got a good deal ,but have not been able to find much info on it.I know it has to be better than a Wasr.
    Thanks for any info
    Kevin

2. T. R. Graham

T. R. Graham The Glocksmith

Sep 12, 2001
    Texas
    The Armory USA SSR85C-2 is unique among the AK family as it combines characteristics of both the AK-47 and the AKM rifle.

AK characteristics :
    Wide front sight base
    Gas block
    8 port/side venting gas tube
    Lower handguard retainer
    800 meter rear sight
    Rear sight base
    Non-ribbed receiver cover
    Bolt
    Telescoping recoil spring guide rod

AKM characteristics :
    Slant brake
    Reinforced safety lever
    Flat firing pin
    Stamped receiver
    Polymer stock and pistol grip

Made in Bulgaria, the SSR85C-2 receiver is a modified AKM type, 1.6mm thick compared to 1mm receiver on a “standard” AKM. Made to Armory USA specifications, the SSR85C-2’s thicker receiver allows for greater durability and accuracy, and were designed for the use of double hook triggers. This allows the rifles a smoother trigger pull without the “trigger slap“ found on many AK‘s that use single-hook trigger systems.

US made components -
    Slant brake
    Milled steel double hook 3 piece trigger group (hammer, trigger and disconnector)
    Stainless steel gas piston
    Polymer pistol grip

3. KML

KML Millennium Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Thanks T R
    I found some info on different boards,but that's the best right up Ive read.You combined everything I've read in one great post

4. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I bought one of them a few years ago. I made it my Tactical AK project.

[​IMG]

ACE Skeleton folding stock, Ultimak handguard (w/ rail covers) and gas tube, Phantom 5C2 FH, PROMAG VFG, SAW pistol grip, Vickers Blue Force 2-pt. sling, MI sling swivels, inexpensive Aimpoint red-dot clone, and Bulgarian waffle mags.

Hey TR, As you can see, I still have my Armory USA SSR-85C-2. It stills works like a charm. Thanks again for all the help you gave.

James
    Pensacola, FL

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012