close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sr9c's

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by ForeverGlock, Sep 18, 2010.

1. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    Purchased a couple of SR9C's recently. Great guns. I got one for my son inlaw and we have put a couple of hundred rounds through each of them using several different types of ammo. Not a single problem. They are very versatile(Ruger did a great job of including what would have been extras with other guns) and surprisingly accurate. We cleaned and relubed both guns before the first trip to the range. Ten round mag is good for concealed carry and the 17 round makes it a nice home defender. Very easy to field strip too. Not ready to give up my Glock 26, but these are great guns.

2. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    Here's the SR9C and a Mk III. Sorry the pic turned out so small.

Attached Files:

3. Gappy

Gappy

Jul 21, 2010
    Do you have a picture of the Ruger next to the G26?

Thanks!

4. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    Will get one asap my dig camera is on loan. Have a new grandson!

5. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    The Glock and Ruger

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      278.7 KB
      Views:
  6. LOL!!!
    I notice in the SR9C/Glock photo the SR9C is loaded and safety is on....
    Just in case the bad guys show up during the photo shoot!!:D :D :D
    EXCELLENT choice for CCW, and I hope you are having as much fun with your SR's as I am. I think I'm gonna try to pick up a used OD/Black one to keep in the ATV box!!

Stay Safe and Keep Shooting
    Allen
    1911gobang@gmail.com

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  7. BTW.....
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW GRANDBABY!!!!!! YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome!!
    God is surely smiling on your family!!
    Have a great weekend!!

8. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks for giving God the glory!
    Yes, God has truly blessed us. My son in law pastors a church in central florida. We fish saltwater, shoot and hunt together. My grandson will have a wonderful upbringing. My daughter has spent a lot of time in the outdoors with her mom and i. Both are excellent shots and have battled and defeated large sharks on hook and line.

9. I gave up my Glock 23 for one ive got 1200 flawless rounds through it now after a break in period of 200 rounds back in Feb. I gave up my Glock 23 for it...traded it in on the SR9c...I consider the SR9c a upgrade :supergrin:

10. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Lot of great stuff here, welcome yourself. Really nice, to read nice!:wavey:

To the original poster,

Please keep us informed as you, and, your SIL, keep puting rounds through your SR9C's. I am very interested to hear real reports about Rugers newest introduction into carry weapons. I have a B.I.L., him and his wife just got their CCW licenses, and are looking for new carry weapons, and what I've read so far, advised the Ruger. They don't have money to waste, and for what these go for, seem to be a very good choice, IMHO.

11. I gotta tell you, from first hand experience, I have carried the SR9C all day today since about 0930hrs this morning. I have gone to town, ran errands for the wife and for the mom, took a little nap in my La-z-boy, watched Beck and then worked in the shop until about 2145, and THE WHOLE TIME my SR9C was in the Galco leather, just behind my cell phone on my strong side, and I am not tired of it AT ALL. This is not a first time occurence for me. I carry my SR9C nearly every day like that. Working, bending, lifting, mowing the grass, vacuuming the pool, you name it.

I cannot say enough about Ruger's mid-size blaster. I have carried compact 1911's, Glocks, Sigs, my full size SR9, and Ruger P series. I have carried 1911's with hefty price tags, and my P89 that I picked up for $150.00. Unless I absolutely am not allowed to carry (bank, school, etc.) I absolutely prefer my SR9C.
    And let us not forget that the carry comfort is only part of the equation. I have put over 500 rounds through the tube, and NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM!!! NONE!! NADA!!!
    Cheap ammo, reload ammo, where-the-heck-did-it-come-from ammo, +P defensive ammo.....you name it, and it is accurate even at 25 yards I can put a full magazine into the -0 area of an IDPA cardboard.

This little blaster is truly representative of the quality and affordability that have become part of the Ruger legacy. My 10/22.....GREAT gun. My MkIII....GREAT gun. My Mini-14.....GREAT gun. I have yet to own a Ruger that wasn't a great gun. Even the little LCP is an awesome little back up in an ankle holster.

The ONLY issue I have with Ruger is on the SR556 and the proprietary parts issue. I think they should have gone more mainstream interchangeability, but nevertheless, the SR556 is a GREAT gun in its own right.

Back on topic, the SR9C is one of those guns that you absolutely cannot go wrong with. Price, size, power, and good looking too!! I also have and carry from time to time, the full size SR9, and it too is a GREAT gun. I use it for IDPA, and I love it. I have already told Mrs. Claus (wife) that Santa wants the SR40 for Christmas this year. Much easier on the pocketbook than the Wilson Spec-Ops......

God Bless and I hope my little gun review hleps your friend's decision.

Ya'll have a great weekend!!!

12. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    We have put a couple hundred more rounds through the SR9C's since the original post. Still no problems and I continue to be impressed with how accurate they are. Plus did I mention they are made in the USA. (of course eveyone knows that)

13. pzlehr

pzlehr

Dec 20, 2004
    Morganton, NC
    I have been surfing around Glocktalk at places I have not been before. Anyway I just bought a Ruger SR9 and came upon this room. I have been thinking about getting one of those sights I see Forever Glock has on his Ruger .22. What did it cost? The cheapest I have seen is $300.00. I was thinking about putting one on my Glock 22. Getting back to my SR9...brand new today, cleaned it and went out in my little range here and @ 10yds I fired 5 times with WWB. I didn't measure it but it had to be 1 1/2"...2 in one hole. I had tried out a long time ago an SR9 before the recall. My friend had just bought one...That gun was accurate! Call me lazy, cheap, whatever but it's nice to shoot a gun right off and get good groups. I plan on getting the compact and the .40. Have heard good things about the SR9c. May have to rid of some safe queens!

Chuck

14. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    Chuck I sent you an email. Didn't want to sound like I'm pluggin products.

15. Gappy

Gappy

Jul 21, 2010
    A belated thank you!

Gappy

16. pzlehr

pzlehr

Dec 20, 2004
    Morganton, NC
    Well I got my SR9c a couple days ago and I am impressed with the little gun! I fired off a magazine of WWB and at 10yds I got a real good group, except for a couple flyers ( it was cold down here and t_shirt and shorts was not the order of the day). When I go to the indoor range or outside here at home when it gets a little warmer, I plan on trying out some different brands of ammo and see how it shoots at 15yds, maybe 20 just for fun!

Thanks,
    Chuck

17. ForeverGlock

ForeverGlock

Aug 7, 2010
    Florida
    Bumping this to the top. Adding a laser site to the sr9c and will shoot it side by side with the glock. Will report asap. I expect even tighter groups. Those of you that haven't "graduated" to bifocals yet will probably note some serious deteriorization(sp?) in your shot groups. Anyway this is the excuse i use when my son in law outshoots me. :)

18. I picked up a SR9C on 12/31..I am impressed with this gun. It has lived up to everything I have heard and read about it..I would like to put some XS Big Dots on it as well.. That is what I have on my G20 and G23..I am waiting on hearing from Michael Bane on how he likes them on his SR9C..