close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sr40

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by 1911gobang, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Okay, gang...
    I am going to expand my horizons a little. My wife is the 40 shooter in the family, and she loves her G27, her Millenium Pro 40, and her EMP. So, I guess I will go ahead and dive in to 40 S&W...

Looking for some input on the SR40. I already own the SR9 and SR9C, and LOVE both of those. I have seen several reviews on the SR40, and now I am looking for some real world opinions....

I have heard that it is a very soft shooting 40 even with +p defensive ammo....

Awaiting comments and op's....

In my business, I occasionally get to cash in some scrap copper, and I have a pile built up that will probably yield about $800.00 salvage, which will pay for the new SR40, about half a dozen extra mags, a rear FO sight, and maybe a few hundred rounds....

Ya'll let me know what you think...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    The only thing I don't like about them is the trigger.

3. Wolfdad

Wolfdad

Apr 19, 2011
    When the SR40c comes out it will probably have an improved trigger just as the SR9c trigger is better than the SR9 trigger. Not absolutely sure though.

4. Geez, Louise....
    Looked at an SR40 at a local dealer, and the trigger is AWFUL!!!!
    I couldn't believe it....
    It actually felt worse than a HiPoint trigger....
    Ruger needs to suck it up on this one....

Gritty, long, and felt THREE grabs before it broke, and the reset SUCKED!!!
    Nothing like my butter smooth SR9 trigger....

I will try another at the gunshow this weekend...maybe it was just a fluke....