close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

spyware

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by southernshooter, Oct 8, 2008.

1. On my at work computer all the spyware was messed up. I deleted norton and spybot. Now, when I try to download spybot, avast or whatever it says "your security will not allow this download" I unlocked the security in windows firewall and on internet options security in the control panel but it still says the same thing. What to do? thanks

2. srhoades

srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    If you are running IE7 go to internet options > advanced > and then reset. If it still won't let you donwload then you probably have a virus.

3. SKeefe

SKeefe

Mar 11, 2003
    SC
    I would try to maybe download something like MalwareBytes from another computer and then load it on your computer. Then maybe try running it, or either starting up in safe mode and then running it.

4. Big Al 24

Big Al 24

Apr 23, 2008
    Yeah, install and run virus/spyware checkers while in safemode.

5. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Oct 23, 2001
    HotLanta, GA
    This is your computer you use for work or this is the computer that was given to you at work?

Don't you have a Network admin who should be doing that sort of stuff?
    You claim you uninstalled the programs but you have a security policy that prevents you from reinstalling?