close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Spyderco Stretch

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by wingspar, Feb 25, 2010.

1. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    I’ve always liked looking at knives, and other than a custom knife that was given to me when I retired, I have always had freebies, and cheapies. I took possession of my first Spyderco yesterday. A Spyderco Stretch. Very nice knife. Clipped to my pants pocket, I can not even tell it is there unless I stick my hand in my pocket. A very sharp knife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. deitz

deitz

Jan 14, 2002
    Smyrna, GA
    i have the blue one with the ZDP-189 steel :cool:

3. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    I wanted VG-10 steel with the black handle, and got just what I wanted. I’ll probably stick with black handles, and maybe a dark blue handle. All the wild colored handles make them look like they came from a M&M’s package, and can’t be real knives, but that’s probably just me. I might adjust to the colors someday.

4. You can't go wrong with a Seki-produced Spyderco...congrats on your new toy!

5. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    Thanks. I think choosing the next one will be more difficult than choosing the Stretch was.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  6. The Hawk

The Hawk

Aug 22, 2008
    LaGrange, Ky
    Very nice. I carried a Spyderco for years. I have retired it for a Cold Steel AK-47 but have been thinking about bringing it out of retirement.
    Very clear pics you have there. I think I shall give my Spyderco some more carry time. Thanks for the idea.

7. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    Not familiar with Cold Steel, but just looked at their web page. Impressive. Yet another knife to look at. I don’t know what the size comparison to the Stretch is, but here is a photo of how the Stretch fits in my hand.

[​IMG]

8. The Hawk

The Hawk

Aug 22, 2008
    LaGrange, Ky
    Cold Steel has a division called Special Projects with a web site of WWW.LTSPECPRO.COM.
    They offer a 10% discount to LEO, Military. Great folks to deal with. I own several Cold Steel knives and have been very pleased with them all.
    My son is in the Marines. I bought him a Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Point to carry. Somehow he broke the tip off. I sent it back to Cold Steel and they replaced it at no charge. Their # is 1-800-255-4716 to order a free catalog and DVD. They have lots of toys that I think you will like. Have fun checking their catalog out.

9. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    Thanks for that link. I spent quite a bit of time looking at that site, and watched a bunch of video. The Ti-Lite looks like an interesting knife, but the video review showed some faults, but still a cool knife. Not sure I like the idea of knives that catch on your pants and open automatically like that, such as the Benchmade and Spyderco Wave blades. Also watched a Nutnfancy video on the AK-47, which is linked from the ltspecpro site. To him, the knife exceeds his personal weight limit of 4 oz, and the blade is too short for tactical purposes, but still thought it was a cool knife.. I’m starting to discover all these high grade knives that I really wasn’t aware of before. I think I just came into a “knife a month” kind of mode, so I’m already trying to decide the next purchase for March. Another Spyderco? Benchmade? Microtech? Cold Steel? I’m sure I’m leaving some out.

10. The Hawk

The Hawk

Aug 22, 2008
    LaGrange, Ky
    You are welcome, my friend. I understand about discovering high quality knives. Been there, still enjoying that. Now I have discovered the fun world of high quality flashlights.
    Enjoy and keep us posted on your purchases.

11. wingspar

wingspar

Oct 7, 2009
    Oregon
    Uh oh. Flashlights. :supergrin: It’s amazing what’s out there. Fenix, Surfire, 4sevens. I recently picked up a couple of Fenix flashlights, and put a quick and dirty review up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjONxls_mN0