close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spur like trigger vs. more round

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by meathead19, Aug 26, 2011.

1. meathead19

meathead19
    Expand Collapse

Looking at a P220, W Germany made and it has a more sharper/spur hammer than others I've seen.

Is this due to it being older? Any downside in these vs. the newer ones with rounded hammer?

Thanks.

2. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

The spur hammer has one less safety than the newer P Series SiGs with the more round hammer...(hammer falls to the safety intercept notch IIRC) but they are both fully safe and high quality pistols...when you decock the rounder hammer it will be just off of the firing pin...

The frame was beefed up in 1994 (or thereabouts too when the rounded hammer was added) although I wouldn't worry about SiG P220 longevity unless the spur model you are looking at has been shot a lot...

Bill

#2 silversport, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  3. meathead19

meathead19
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Bill.

it doesn't appear to be shot much at all. Also has the green paint on the recoil spring, so I suppose it's +p safe???

4. silversport

silversport
    Expand Collapse

you could always shoot +P (if you must, I never do) and the green spring will make it more reliable but the frame hasn't been beefed up for it...just remember that you accelerate wear and you will be fine...look for the signs of excessive wear if you ever get it...and enjoy a fine pistol.

Bill