close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Springfield XDm 3.8" .45 ACP Compact

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by G33Man, Dec 4, 2011.

1. That XDm and XD single stack are on the short list of .45 ACP models I WANT...Ive been wanting a .45 ACP since I had to sell back my buddies Colt Gold Cup back to him years ago..just never got one...I LIKE BOTH!

just debating 9 rounds or 5 rounds Hmmm lol. double or single stack...Probably wont be till next year to be honest as ive already got this years shopping planned(just not paid 4 yet lol) but they (one of the 2) is on the "buy" list unless I find that cheap Glock 36 ive been looking for and not found yet :) .

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    That's a loaded question on a Glock forum. Answering in ernest, I've owned the XD9Tac and XD9SC. Great guns. Nice trigger, better than a stock Glock IMO. Ran well. IMO, the grip safety is needed on the XD because it SA. But, it's one more element (and needed parts) of the gun the Glock does without and one more thing to keep the gun from going boom. If I want complicated, I'll opt for the 1911 or a Beretta. When I want simple, Glock. So, the XD just did nothing for me.

p.s. I do think the XD has the best ambi manual safety going for a poly gun. It's metal, small and low profile. Use it or don't, and if not it's out of the way. If I got an XD again it would be for the manual safety alone, but it's a limited run.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

3. March817

March817

May 12, 2011
    Undisclosed
    The XDm 3.8" Compact on my list is in .40s&w.

4. gocubs6

gocubs6

Aug 16, 2010
    The XDM is a sweet gun. I have an XDM 9, a Sig 226, a G26, a CZ P-01, and a 1911. So, its not like I haven't tried some other top pistols. The XDM shoots better in my hand than all of them (but I just got the CZ and haven't hit the range yet). It has never malfunctioned and I like the trigger better than all of my 9mm pistols (my 1911 is a .45). I had a G19, but it was the first one I sold when I wanted to get the CZ. I love the G26 w/ the 3.5 connector, but the XDM is the go to pistol. Don't listen to all the nonsense about the grip safety and the dreaded "high bore axis." It is all garbage. It is cool if people like other guns (so do I) and if they prefer certain options. However, the fact is that the grip safety is not an issue and the XDM shoots softer than my Glocks. The only downside in my book is that it is a more complicated pistol than a Glock.

5. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I want one of all the sizes of the XDm in .45!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

6. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Aug 2, 2004
    Vancouver, WA.
    I definitely want one! Way slimmer than a G30, but with the power of .45 ACP! Gotta love Springfield; they've got a winner with this gun.

7. ubimow

ubimow

May 13, 2002
    I completely agree with you! Glock just doesn't seem to be producing their guns with the same quality and reliability that they are famous for. And yes, I know people will say that they have thousands of rds through their Glocks without a single problem but the sheer number of complaints about FTF, FTE, erratic ejection, rusting...etc, is WAY higher in the last year or two then ever before. This CAN'T be ignored.

I am looking to buy another CC gun and it WAS going to be a Gen 4 Glock but now I am seriously thinking about buying an XD or even an M&P instead.

8. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    I really want the XDm 45c with ss slide. Thanks OP! Thanks alot!

9. vram74

vram74

Feb 21, 2010

I thought they switched melonite treatment? That would suck if they just opted for no treatment at all.