close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

springfield range officer report

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by billy b, Mar 12, 2012.

1. billy b

billy b
    Expand Collapse

picked a ro new ro several months ago. been shooting it off & on in ohio's cold weather. finely some warm weather without gloves. with reloads it likes, it's shooting 1.5 groups at 25 yards, with many all 6 touching. likes locally bought 200 swc & 4.5 grains of bulleye. also been shooting speer 200 dry lubed swc with 6.6 grains of wsf with same results. hornady xtp 200 grain with 7.3 wsf also shoots very well.does't shoot factory 230 ball from rem & fed all that great.also shot some rainer & berry 200 grain bullets with so so results also. overall very pleased with gun. only thing i did to gun was to fit a new barrel bushing. original bushing was easily removed with my fingers.:wow:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

Many congrats my friend:thumbsup:

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg
    Expand Collapse
    BTF Inventor

The RO's and Loadeds are great guns. I appreciate the detail on rounds and results.

4. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on a great 1911. :)

5. Travclem

Travclem
    Expand Collapse
    Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

The RO is a solid gun, it should serve you well.

6. bama_glock

bama_glock
    Expand Collapse

Congrats on the RO. I love mine as well. For a production 1911 at the price it sure is hard to beat IMO.

7. SalfromCal

SalfromCal
    Expand Collapse

Now I'm debating on which one to buy the Springfield RO or a Gen4 Glock 21...hmmm:dunno:

8. ca survivor

ca survivor
    Expand Collapse

Congrats, that is a great 1911.

9. TN.Frank

TN.Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Glock4Life

I've been looking at the R.O. that Mark has listed on his site. He's currently out of stock but I'm sure he'll have some back in soon. $749 + shipping and my FFL fees would put me just at $800 which I think is a pretty good deal for a gun that has all the stuff I like and none of the stuff I don't like, except for maybe the adjustable sights but I could live with those I guess. Anyway, congrats and keep us posted as to how it does with more rounds through it.

10. Ahmid

Ahmid
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

The RO is a great value...

11. MStarmer

MStarmer
    Expand Collapse
    In Jail...

If the adjustable sights bother you there are fixed sights available for the cut. Harrison and I think 10-8 (soon). Otherwise it's a great pistol. If they sold it with fixed sights they would double their sales.

12. TN.Frank

TN.Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Glock4Life

Yep, totally agree, it's set up perfect for a Combat Gun except for the adjustable sights. It's good to know that a person could swap out the adjustable for a fixed if they wanted to. A Novak would look good on that gun.
    Who knows, if things get better and I can afford to upgrade to a higher end(for me) 1911a1 I just might grab one of the S.A. R.O.'s.

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12
    Expand Collapse

I'm really debating picking up an RO myself and simply swapping fixed night sights on. The problem for me is that by the time I pay a smith to do it, it seems like I'm getting close to used TRP territory.

I agree with the comments about them offering it from the factory, I would have bought one a long time ago if that was the case.

14. billy b

billy b
    Expand Collapse

i will admit rear sight is rather big. but i bought this gun as a target pistol, so i like the adjustable rear. painted front sight orange to stand out more. side note, just got a 21sf glock. it already outshoots ro & i thought ro was a great shooting gun.

15. MStarmer

MStarmer
    Expand Collapse
    In Jail...

With the RO you are getting the classic look though with the standard serrations and no front ones. That to me is a big difference between it and the TRP.

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12
    Expand Collapse

You are so right, just scored a gently used RO with a Harrison Rear and a 10-8 Gold Bead up front. Plus a few other goodies. All for much less than the TRP would have cost and I keep the look that I wanted.

17. carloglock19

carloglock19
    Expand Collapse

Congrats. I would have bought the RO if I didn't find a good deal on my Loaded. The rear sight on the RO is the only thing I did not like but that can easily be changed.

18. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

But you're still left with a huge lupm-o-crap rear sight.
    The RO is a great shooter, but I can not deal with target sights.

19. southernshooter

southernshooter
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't the original intent of designing the RO to allow a person to buy a 1911 for the price of a standard 1911 and be able to compete with it right out of the box? A great value in a 1911 but that would explain the big target sights.