close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Springfield Operator with Interest

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by MPJC, Feb 2, 2010.

1. MPJC

MPJC

Mar 2, 2002
    South Riding, VA
    Folks- I'm looking at the SA Operator dual tone with rails for a new purchase. Own a SA already and Kimber but this is the one that looks great to me. Anyone own this model? Any comments you can share- good and bad.

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    I own a Mc Operator. Love it. It shoots best with 230 Golden Sabers. So far in the 3 years I have owned it, it has been %100 straight from the box. All I have done to it is, shoot it, clean it, repeat.

:thumbsup:

3. MPJC

MPJC

Mar 2, 2002
    South Riding, VA
    Much Appreciated!! Now- it's just trying to find one- seems to have disappeared and no one has one. Gun Show coming up next week so maybe I'll score one there?

4. Have SA Micro, LTWT Champion and MC Operators. All very nice. Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service. :)

5. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    My operator is one of my favorite production 1911's. Go for it!

6. Chipotle

Chipotle

May 26, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Heads up: I've had a LW Champion Operator on order for over 7 months now. I've seen a couple pop up on gunbroker, but out of loyalty to my local shop and my optimism that mine should be 'coming any day now' I let those pass. Ahhh, regrets....

On the flip side - I did the research and came to the solid conclusion that a SA Operator must hang in my safe. So from my perspective, you're barking up the right tree. Good luck!

7. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    i looked for over a year til i found one (and did not want to pay the 1600 a local shop has theirs priced at)

[​IMG]

only issue i had was the trigger was stiff and a gunsmith said the armory kote was a little thick. it would've worn in with firing but i had him polish it up some. fired it side by side with a nighthawk grp and to me it was just as accurate and felt the same (after the trigger was polished a little). you will like it, well worth the hunt.

8. JTLIII

JTLIII

Mar 13, 2007
    MY next 1911 will probably be an MC operator, but I will have SA parkerize it for me. I'm not a fan of the green and black combination