close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Springfield Mil Spec

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by carguy2244, May 25, 2011.

1. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    Today I saw a SA Mil Spec at Vance's for 649. A little higher than online, but I prefer to buy locally.
    Gun was NM frame and tight as a drum.
    I have no use for it but I really liked it.
    So, opinions on this weapon?
    Thanks - and yes - I know doesn't come packaged in tupperware.

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Get it, or drive up to Fin Feather and fur. I think they have them for $589 for the Parkerized model. Vance's will also price match.

3. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    Thanks for the deal information. So you like the weapon?

4. i recently bought a nib NM parked mil-spec, and it is SUPER tight, no movement between frame and slide whatsoever! also, no nasty rear frame/slide overhang/underhang mess that sometimes is found on some 1911s, the frame and slide mesh perfectly. barrel locks up like a bank vault, and the triger breaks at about 4 1/2 punds! i paid a bit to much, but i couldn't let a gun like this slip away(had that happen recently and wasn't gonna let it happen again!). its gonna be my base for a meu-soc'ish type build. i love it!

5. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    I pick it up them things are hard to find around here and I love a Spring Field GI

6. fistpoint

fistpoint

Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    All Springfileld mil-specs are made in Brazil. I've handled NM prefix models
    that were not fitted as well the Brazilian fitted models.

8. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    This Mil Spec has the NM serial number and "Made in Genesco" on the frame. I thought that the weapons made in Brazil were stamped "Imbel", at least the ones I've seen.

9. All frame and slides are made in Brazil.

The finishing machining for NM pistols are done in The States, thus they are Made in the US. The ones marked N were finished machined in Brazil.

Once the frame rails AND sear pin holes are drilled, they must be stamped with a serial number, thus the respective marking of where it's made.

10. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Yep,....that's what I said.

Without the middle details, thanks for filling in the gaps Knedrgr. :supergrin:

11. :supergrin:

Had to clear it up so the noobies don't go :dunno:

12. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  13. Hurricanes

Hurricanes

Jan 17, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I remember the day I bought my first handgun(P226) I had looked over a SS Mil-Spec the shop had sitting on the counter. Asking price at the time was $575, and I regret not buying it. Go figure that 5 years later I've sold the P226, and now hooked with 1911 syndrome. I called the same shop before pcking up my Rock Island(first 1911) in January and they wanted $675 for a SS Mil Spec.
    -Joel

14. I hope when fff open up here they have one of those. I'ld pick one up.

15. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    I own an older Milspec..bought new in the 1990's. Had some premature slide-lock issues because the slidestop stuck into the magwell too far when it was new. Has a two piece barrel(not sure if they still use this or not). Very good pistol otherwise..accurate and reliable.

I believe it cost just over $400 new in the mid 1990's

16. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    I bought my mil spec last weekend for 530 OTD. It is a very nice 1911 for the price. Also, it made in the USA. The GI's are made in Brazil.

17. I like my Milspec. Its been reliable and trouble free for me!

18. La26

La26

Aug 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    I'm kinda new to 1911's. Could you elaborate on what a two piece barrel is? Did you mean two piece guide rod?