close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springfield Loaded

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by bobbss, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    My Loaded and TRP.
    [​IMG]

Both are Deadnuts reliable. The TRP is better fit and more accurate.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    As it should be,.....more hand work, more money.

3. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    I've been giving it some thought,and I think I might hold out alittle longer and get a TRP.

4. Disregarded9-side

Disregarded9-side Armchair IPSCer

Oct 18, 2008
    North Carolina
    Here's my Loaded in its current and final state, after a couple changes:

[​IMG]

They're great out of the box 1911s, despite mine having some initial issues. SA CS is great to deal with if you ever have to. I picked mine up from my LGS new for $801 (they can do it for you too, PM me for their contact info if you're interested) and for that price I'm very happy. If I were going anywhere north of a grand, I would step up to a Dan Wesson.

5. Fordtough25

Fordtough25

Jan 25, 2011
    Indiana
    Wow lots of great looking 1911's in here! :wow: My LGS had a used blued/parkarized for $515 6 months ago and I kick myself in the butt for not picking it up. I've been pondering getting a Loaded, Range Officer, or SR1911. Time will tell but the only one in stock around here is the RO. Lol

6. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    Thanks for all the help!I bought a new TRP on GunBroker this morning.All I have to do now is wait.I learned that no matter what I bought,I could always buy something better.lol!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  7. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    The Springfield will have a forged frame and slide.

The Ruger will be cast, if that makes any difference.

I have a SS Springfield loaded, almost too tight to field strip. It also has an excellent trigger, right out of the box. I haven't picked up a Ruger, but they have the little channel that holds the link pin and safety detent ball, cast as part of the frame. So a magazine article said.

I think Colt is overpriced, for what you get now. I'd buy a Rock Island Arsenal over the current Colt.

8. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    My Springfield loaded was made in Imbel, Brazil. Blackened stainless just like in the pics earlier.

Trigger was not right out of the box, heavy. Much heavier and notchier than my Sig 1911, Taurus PT1911, or Colt.

Sent back to CS, they would not give me a return shipping label-- fixed it, smoothed the "hammer hooks", "tuned to 5 1/2"

9. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    I like my stainless loaded. Excellent gun, excellent function, looking for a parkerized one as I liked the first one so much.