Springfield Loaded

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by bobbss, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SA has a good reputation but I prefer an American made 1911 for a gun in the 1k range I would go colt Xse or rail gun

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I stopped by another LGS last night and did get to look at a Colt,wasn't bad either,I think it was $1025.00 but might have been alittle more.The guy behind the counter must of been having a bad day and pizzed me off soon as I asked to look at it,so I was having a hard time staying focused,I had to keep fighting the urge to tell him to Fxxk himself.lol!I also looked at the Ruger alitte more,I think what I don't like about it is the disscharge opening looks bigger (not sure if I said that right or not).Is it bigger?

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Picked up my Loaded, bone stock, for $650

4. My LGS wants $900.00 for a stainless Loaded,Is that good or bad?

5. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Seems a tad high,.......but they can be a bit hard to find

6. #26 TxGlock9, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. Of course the only problem I see with them is the lack of holster availability. I would go with the loaded if you want stainless. My personal suggestion, if you're going to spend $1000, mind as well fork out the extra few hundred and buy a stainless trp...

Is this your first 1911. Forgive me if it's been mentioned already.

8. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Ditto. And I'm a huge fan of SA 1911's. I own 5 of them, but just can't make myself like the Loaded model. To me, it goes straight from Mil-Spec to TRP.

9. What about the MC Operator?

10. faawrenchbndr

CLM

The MC Operator is a Loaded with a rail & two tone finish

11. This will be my first 1911.The Sig is way lower on my list,I do have a Sig P938 I like.I haven't found a TRP at any LGSs,and aren't they more like $1,400.00 or more?I've got to draw a line somewhere.

#32 bobbss, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  12. faawrenchbndr

CLM

That is a bit much for a TRP.......find a new shop!

13. okie

okie GT Mayor

The SA Loaded is awesome for sure my friend:thumbsup:

14. How much have you seen them for?Bac1023 has $1,400.00 for the average price on his buyers guide.

15. The lowest price that I found on a new SS TRP was $1447.
    IMO it's worth every cent.

I saw a new TRP Operator (rail) this am and it was $1569.

You can probably find a used TRP in the neighborhood of $1200 and maybe less.

You're on the right track, asking questions and doing your homework. As I recall I bought a NIB S&W for my first 1911 because $1000 was my limit. It was enough for the bug to bite but I sold it after about six months. I was an absolute PEST to Bac. Thankfully he is a patient man.

If you really want to stay under a $1000 you should look at the Ruger. There's a new thread here with a link to a store that had at least 20 of them earlier today.

Good luck.

#36 sawgrass, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  16. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Holy crap........guess I am a bit behind on pricing. :faint:

17. I love my loaded an I got it for under a grand an ima lefty also so it's awsome an it the tightest 1911 I've owned an ill take it over the colt, kimber, an Rimington I own they are really good 1911 s for the money

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. Honestly, go with the loaded. It's a great first 1911 and you don't really need to do much to it. I have both the standard and the champion and I really like both. You're just going to have to really knuckle down and try to find one.

You may also think about the range officer as well.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#40 Lethaltxn, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012