Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Springfield Customer Service

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by KillStick, Jun 21, 2010.

1. KillStick

Dec 30, 2008
    Corn fields
    I was having failure to feeds on first round with my springfield and have tried multiple magazines and ammunition. The round was failing to feed on first round with fmj and hollow points, it would fail to feed if I sling shot the first round or allow from a slide stop position. I couldn't figure it out. It was catching on the feed ramp and no where near the barrel and feed ramp. It was just catching on the feed ramp, I am not skilled enough or have the brass to polish or attempt to try and fix the problem.

So I bit the bullet (sort of speak) and called springfield and explained my problem. They sent me a package stamp and told me to ship it to them free of charge and should have it back in 2 to 4 weeks. They were the nicest customer service I have ever dealt with, no snobbery or anything that I have gotten before from other customer service representatives. I even got information for checkering the front strap and putting night sights on. All I can say is that I am very impressed with Springfield customer service and can not explain the satisfaction I received. I will buy Springfield 1911's with out hesitation.

Sorry for the long post but I felt that I should post how outstanding the Springfield company has been to me. I would recommend Springfield firearms to anyone.
  2. Big_Drunk

Dec 28, 2009
    Great Job!

I like to see when someone takes the time to praise good customer service!

I tell everyone I know when a company doesn't do just what I want, but do I always do the same when I'm really pleased?

Thanks for the info!

3. El_Ron1

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Did you get the pistol back in satisfactory working order?
  4. KillStick

Dec 30, 2008
    Corn fields
    I have not received the pistol back, I just shipped it out this morning. They have even taken the time to call me and make sure that everything has worked out for shipping processes. Now I am thinking about having them checker the front strap to 20 lines per inch but not sure about it. If someone has pictures of there pistol with front checkering that is always a welcome for me to decide. They have been very pleasant and professional in there manner.
  5. bdoub1eu

Oct 8, 2009
    Sent my Springfield TRP back (slide to frame fit was a little off) - same experience. Outstanding customer service. Should receive the TRP tomorrow morning.
  6. KillStick

Dec 30, 2008
    Corn fields
    same experience as in customer service or first round fail to feed. How long did it take to get back to you?
  7. Gdirty5

Apr 9, 2008
    I'm wondering, when they ship it back to you, do they ship it directly or to your FFL? I thought you couldn't ship a firearm directly to a house.
  8. G26ster

Jan 13, 2010
    Springfield will ship directly back to the owner. Their CS is outstanding!
  9. RMTactical

RMTactical CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    I had to send my milspec slide in on Friday to have the front sight restaked. It was an easy and painless experience, their CS is clearly top notch. Wish the damn thing would have stayed staked instead though, I've only had it for a few weeks...
  10. bdoub1eu

Oct 8, 2009
    No issues with FTF. The slide was a little off - I posted pics of it a few week ago and although it wasn't affecting performance, everyone agreed I should send it back since it shouldn't be happening on a TRP - slide wear on the front right of the slide. They also said 2 - 4 weeks for me but they received it on June 3rd and should be getting it back tomorrow - delivery to the house.
  11. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

Jan 24, 2009
    Springfield probably has the best CS of any firearms manufacturer out there. Everyone else is what they should aspire to in terms of CS.

On a recent Springer I purchased I was able to get a replacement part free of charge...had a slightly hinky slide stop. No questions asked...they sent me a new slide stop. Days later after getting the initial replacement, yet another slide stop showed up that I hadn't ordered. Called and asked them about it, they said they just wanted to make sure I got one that fit correctly so they sent me an extra. How could one complain about that kind of service?

Springfield is top notch, wouldn't hesitate to buy another gun from them.
  12. That is not a problem. Every gun I have sent of for customizing was sent back to my residence.
    No need to send it to a ffl as long as a businees with a ffl ships it to you, the owner of the gun.
  13. drider

Mar 13, 2009
    It's always good to know when doing research that the company has good customer service.
  14. KillStick

Dec 30, 2008
    Corn fields
    Wouldn't you know it that the 500 rounds of 45 acp and grips I ordered would be coming in this Friday when my springer is in the shop.
  15. Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    I just purchased a NOS 9mm mil-spec from another state sight unseen. The gun is beautiful, but it has some cosmetic issues. The crossed canons logo is not uniform and the inside of the slide looks to be unfinished. I sent them an e-mail and later that day I was informed that my new gun was mad in April of 1989 and that I would be recieving a FedEx shipping lable within a couple hours. I sent it out yesterday. I miss it already.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  16. Glad to hear about your positive experience so far with SA. I'm sure they will take of the problem. That was one of the reasons I chose to buy two XDs.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  17. itsveryniiice

Apr 19, 2007
    Below is my only experience with Springfield CS. For all the hype they get...Im not impressed.

xxxx to Kate
    show details Jun 10
    Eh, was worth a shot. Thought Id try since I heard a million times on the Internet forums how awesome Springer CS was. I'll just keep the aftermarket grips, which don't say or advertise Springfield Armory when Im showing off my minimal cost to you ;) Thanks.

Kate Dochterman to me
    show details Jun 10

Unfortunately, if you broke the grip, it would not be a warranty issue. Manufacturing defects are what the lifetime warranty covers. However, you can purchase replacement grips from the factory in our web store or by contacting 800-680-6866.

Customer Service Representative
    Springfield Armory
    420 West Main Street
    Geneseo, IL 61254

Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:30 AM
    To: Kate Dochterman
    Subject: Sales Email - Sent: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 01:34:30 -0400 - Grips

Hello, I have a Springfield Loaded 1911 that I broke a grip panel on. I tossed the grips and got a set of replacements, but I would prefer to have a set of OE grips for this pistol. Is this something that is covered under warranty? Thank you xxxx
  18. Single_Star

May 23, 2010
    I had a faulty firing pin stop, and they offered to send me a replacement free. But I also wanted them to do a once over on my gun, since I was hearing of lots of people having some issues, so they said I could send it in on their dime. They did the work, sent it back in lightning speed all at no cost to me. I'm amazed by their CS.

As for not replacing a grip panel that you broke, I can't really say I'd expect them to replace it either. I have heard of them fixing a gun due to faulty reloads, but that seems to be hit or miss. If it's damage I cause I don't really expect them to fix it for free, but that's OK with me :)
  19. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    what a coincidence, i just got a package from FedEx with a 9mm Mil-spec. called Springfield and it was born back in April 1989 :supergrin:
  20. Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    Now I REALLY don't like YOU !!!:tongueout: