close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Springfield Black Stainless

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by CanIhaveGasCash, Mar 1, 2010.

1. I don't seem to see too many of these. Are they uncommon? I've got a Black Stainless Loaded Target and I was thinking or ditching it and putting in an order for a professional. However I was also rolling around the idea of sending it to the custom shop to get some upgrades.

What say you?

Here's a picture for good measure.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Not really uncommon, but they are not everywhere by no means. ( If that makes sense).

If you like everything about the Pro then get it as that would make better financial sense.

If you just want to change a few things then have your gun tailored to you.

3. deathpriest

deathpriest

Dec 12, 2004
    Florida
    I have one, my first 1911. Not that many in the shops ot GS tables. Idiot scratch very noticeable :(, I know, I should had read much more befor opening the box.
    I thought I wanted a piece that required nothing but ammo.

You mught be able to do the upgrades yourself and invest the shipping on the parts :)

Blessings

4. TexasVine

TexasVine

Feb 9, 2010
    Central Texas
    Personally I am fond of the Black Stainless even though I do not have one.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    There's a new black stainless Loaded at my favorite local shop.

6. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Awesome guns. I have a regular stainless. Wouldn't mind having a black one.

7. Brian Brazier

Brian Brazier

Jan 20, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    the first 1911 I was gonna buy was the black stainless, but I couldnt find one so I got something else, I would still like to get one with Novak sights (I don't care for target sights)

8. Sarge55

Sarge55 Millennium Member

May 16, 1999
    Along The Hudson
    Picked up the Combat black stainless about three days ago. She's a beauty! After a couple of days of consideration, I decided it was too much "bling" for a duty gun. Besides, I'd hate to get her all buggered up on duty. She's too purty. Put her up for sale. Didn't even get to take her to the range!

9. kaw77

kaw77

Apr 24, 2008
    Tulsa OK
    I owned 1
    fragile finish. easily scratched on polished portions, MANY SHARP edges and sliced my hands a few times doing FTF, FTE drills
    Range gun only, not for carry
    I sold it

10. BlayGlock

BlayGlock

Feb 18, 2010
    Texas
    Just send that one in for a fitted match barrel, tritium inserts and tuned trigger. Then you will have a gun that will hold its own in any shooting match if you do your part and will not have to wait. I ordered a 9mm Custom Carry, Black slide, OD frame with a few other things I like back in Feb. The very nice lady at the custom shop said it would take 6-8 months for it to get here.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  11. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

It looks like pewter color. Is it really that color, or just the lighting?

12. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Bac, couldja take a picture and e-mail it to me? I've got an idea for the Yost folks. :supergrin: