Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Springfield Armory for duty carry?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by La26, Mar 28, 2011.

1. La26

Aug 2, 2008
    I am looking at a used Springfield Armory Trophy Match in .45 cal that I can get for a good deal. What is your opinion on that particular weapon as a Uniformed Duty weapon? Are there any features (since it is called a Match gun) that would make it unsuitable for LE Duty ?
  2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I couldn't think of any, and to the best of my knowledge the Trophy Match is constructed to the same build quality as the Tactical Response Pistol geared for LE use. I ran it by Dave Williams at Springfield Armory Custom Shop, and he had this to say:

"The Trophy Match is indeed built to the same specs as our TRP line of pistols which are awesome LE/carry pistols…The only issue he may have is that TM is fitted with a target adjustable rear sight which has quite a large blade which some find hindering for carry/ concealment… The TM comes from the factory with a 4.5# minimum trigger pull which we consider the minimum wt. for a carry piece…The TM being one of our premier production pistols is built to tighter tolerances than some of our other less enhanced offerings but this should not be considered a hindrance to reliability…The Professional Model which is a full custom pistol with much tighter tols than the TM/TRP line has earned the reputation as the ultimate carry pistol. I hope this helps…

All the best,

Special thanks to Dave Williams!

3. La26

Aug 2, 2008
    Yes sir, it does help. Thank you for taking the time to research before you replied. I know you are very busy, and your input in this Forum is much more appreciated than I could express in words.