close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Springfield Armory Custom Shop pictures

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by iLift45's, Jun 18, 2011.

1. iLift45's

iLift45's

Jan 29, 2011
    Alright guys took some pics of my baby along with the build sheet. I'll put the build sheet up first so you can see everything I had done. All the internal MIM parts were replaced with steel parts. Dave told me by doing this the action job if anything will get better with time. I had to go with an STI Long Trigger instead of the 10-8 Flat trigger due to the 3lb trigger. He told me there would be a good chance of the hammer dropping to half cock while dropping the slide with such a light trigger pull if he used the 10-8. I really like the feel of this trigger.

I love how the barrel, bushing, and hammer are all stainless steel. It really accents the look of the pistol from front to back.

[​IMG]

The next pic you can see a little bit of the polish done on the feed ramp. It's smooth and shiny like glass.

[​IMG]

Look at the slide stop modification done for easier installation. This is great! It goes in so easy and now no worry about the possible idiot scratch. If your on the fence about getting this done don't hesitate to have this done.

[​IMG]

A couple pictures of just the slide really showing off the national match barrel and Dawson fiber optic sight. Same barrel the FBI uses in their guns! Supposedly had to endure thousands of rounds and still maintain an accuracy standard. Can't wait to see how it shoots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iLift45's

iLift45's

Jan 29, 2011
    Quack the next two pics show how the slide sticks open just a little when closed. They test fired it so I guess this will get better with more rounds breaking it in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a few of the gun together. The fit and finish is just outstanding. The way it locks up with that national match barrel bushing is incredible. Absolutely zero play in the slide to frame fit. Going out Monday with my Dad to see how it shoots! I'm pumped!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Very nice 1911, looks great. I am sure it will shoot light outs. What was the turn around time from Springfield? Congrats!

Nice write up as well :)

4. ^^ A lot shorter than a certain GT member...

5. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Nice!!!!

that's when you ease the slide down, right?

6. iLift45's

iLift45's

Jan 29, 2011
    Thanks man!! A little over 3 weeks!! I was shocked.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

Looks very good overall.
    Slide over hang is a bit much though. Did you ask them about it?

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    looking at the other pics, it looks like it's just not fully locked up yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  9. iLift45's

iLift45's

Jan 29, 2011
    Quack I dropped the slide on two loaded rounds and it just barely hung up, but yeah lowering the slide by hand caused these two pics. If I just push on it slightly it goes the totally flush. I can drop the hammer with the slide like this. Is it safe to shoot it like this and hope that over time the slide won't hang up? Or should I call Dave this Monday before I shoot it?

10. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Makes sense,.......it must lock up like a vault then! Bonus! :supergrin:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  11. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    yep, my TRP that done is pretty much the same.

12. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    You inserted rounds into the chamber THEN dropped the slide?
    It should NOT fire out of battery,......that's NOT good! :wow:

13. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    load 2 rounds in the magazine when you first shoot it and see if it fully locks up.

14. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    also use the over hand sling shot to chamber the round and not the slide stop, at least until it's broken in.

15. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    3 weeks in excellent IMO :supergrin:

16. just sounds like a light barrel bushing and barrel lock up.

17. iLift45's

iLift45's

Jan 29, 2011
    No I put a round in the magazine and than dropped the slide. Just did it now twice. It's not completely flush. I can't engage the safety. The other thing is when its totally flush or in complete battery I have to put on a Mechanics Glove to pull the slide back. That just doesn't seem right! I'm all for tight, but this is just a little too much.

18. 2yrscc

2yrscc

Apr 18, 2003
    SW Florida
    Range report. Range report. Must...have...range report. :ack:

19. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Yeah that sounds too tight......I had a STI Spartan that was that tight, crazy.........

Something is not right I would say :dunno: