close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springer RO

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by rsxr22, Dec 27, 2010.

1. rsxr22

rsxr22

We got 2 into the shop today and I am not impressed to say the least. I have to admit, I have not been following the current threads because the gun didnt interest me that much.

Within 5 minutes of getting them out of the box, I realized a few things. Trigger was less gritty then a mil-spec, but still a 6.5-7 lb pull and the big thing was that they fire while out of battery. Has anyone else's done this? If your unsure, UNLOAD THE GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick it into a wall or hard object to make the gun go out of battery, just a little, and pull the trigger. Both of the ones we received do this and to tell you the truth, im pretty surprised. Springer's going to have some recall's if thats the case.

Im really very surprised with this gun. I was sure it would ship with mags with bumper pads as well. I thought Springer was trying to go after the IDPA/IPSC market with this one and I have to say, im let down. The one plus that i saw pretty quickly was the slide to frame fit was nice and tight! But that was about it!! The extractor sat nowhere near to flush with the slide. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to the TM, TRP, EMP, and Operators.
    Guys, please check your guns with the above mentioned test!

2. bac1023

bac1023

3. rsxr22

rsxr22

Your telling me!! I was excited to get them in because I had heard lots of rave reviews and also knew they would sell very quickly because of their demand, but honestly, i wont sell them like they are. I have a conscious unlike some other dealers out there. Hopefully We'll get a return check from them and theyll feel bad and send us 2 TRP's instead LOL, Ill sell them as quickly as they come in. I dont know what it is about the TRP's but in our area they are super hard to find as well as through our distributor. We have a waiting list of 9 people!! LOL Its like their waiting for a Pro or something

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

what's "just a little" any 1911 will do this because there's a fine point of where the disconnector is still in the disconnector slot and the disconnector isn't pushed down on the rail yet, so it's not really a problem unless the disconnector isn't disconnecting.

just checked all my 1911 and they all do it, so either they are all faulty, or it's a non-issue.

if you look at the disconnector slot, the disconnector sits in the middle of the cutout, so the slide need to travel a little before the disconnector hit's the flat part which causes it to disconnect. you need some tolerance in the disconnector slot because if it gets gunked up then the gun will be permanently disconnected.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  5. skipsan

skipsan

Not that I doubt Quack, but I checked a couple of my higher-end non Springfields, and they both dropped the hammer with the slide racked back "a little". I think "just a little" was probably less than 0.020". The R.O. checked exactly the same.

Unless the O.P. is talking about more than a thirty-second of an inch, I don't think there's an issue.

The trigger on my R.O. is clean-breaking at a bit less than 5 lbs. I think SA spec on trigger pull is 5-6lbs.

The bumper-padless mags are still virgins, but the lack of a $1.00 pad is not causing much hearburn.

I appreciate the "heads up" on the potential issue(s), but my personal experience doesn't justify any concern on my part. Now I do have a Beretta which will drop the hammer and has fired, with the slide 0.200" out of battery. Now, that is an issue

6. Quack

Quack Rent this space

yep, it was something like .020"-.030", maybe a little bit more.

and BTW, the extractor on the EMP isn't flush either ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  7. lawdog734

lawdog734

You can sell me one for half off at the Euclid gun show:supergrin:

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

and i'll take the other :supergrin:

9. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

That's what I was thinking. We should take those 2 defective guns off Bobby's hands to keep the general public safe.

10. lawdog734

lawdog734

Protect and serve

11. Quack

Quack Rent this space

12. bac1023

bac1023

:rofl:

13. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Just doing our civic duty. :supergrin:

14. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

You guys are so upstanding. It warms my heart to see y'all step up to help like this. . .

15. rsxr22

rsxr22

You are right Don. I guess I just never noticed it with any of my others before. For some reason it was the first thing i did when looking it over though. Im still not overly impressed with the gun. I havent been able to see what makes the price significantly higher than a STI Spartan, because IMO the Spartan is much better out of the box, Minus the plastic MSH

16. lawdog734

lawdog734

Are you guys going to be at the Euclid gun show?

17. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

18. Quack

Quack Rent this space

jan8-9

any CLE guys want to go to the range on Jan 1st?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  19. lawdog734

lawdog734

20. Quack

Quack Rent this space

dunno. ask knedrgr.
    last time we went, the range closed at 6 on New Years day.