close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Spring Loaded Guide Rod

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by F106 Fan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    On my Colt Government Combat, I have a guide rod about the same length as the factory part. It has a spring loaded pin extending forward and the pin is about 1/2" (exposed) and 3/16" in diameter.

The effect of this pin is to impact the recoil spring cap during the last 1/2" of slide travel and provide more spring force to keep the slide from banging.

I would like to buy a replacement but I can't remember what the darn thing is called and looking through Brownells and Midway didn't turn up a match. I installed it about 30 years ago and my memory is fading (fast).

Richard

2. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    No, that is a full length recoil guide. It does the same thing by having two different spring rates.

The unit I am trying to replace is the same size as the factory part-length guide rod except for the spring loaded pin coming out of the end.

This thing is at least 30 years old and they may not be in production.

Richard