close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sportsmans Warehouse In Lexington Is Open.......awesome!!!

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Kentucky_Guy, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Just went in there tonite for the first time....

its a shooters, reloaders, hunters, fishermans, boaters etc,etc.. dream :hearts:

its out in Hamburg Pavillion just before you get to Wal Mart.

Picked up a couple boxes of ammo, a holster for my SIG and a new cleaning kit for my pistols.....

anybody in Lexington check it out....

2. Berretta9

Berretta9

Feb 22, 2005
    Louisville, Ky.
    There is already a thread on this that pretty much said it was way over priced and not too impressive.

3. well, its really the only store of its kind here in Lexington..

I was impressed with their store....

4. garymac58

garymac58

Apr 23, 2006
    while standing at the small arms counter with my arm resting on some reloading powder, i asked for a price on 4 lbs of AA#2. the guy behind the counter told me they don't sell reloading powder. after pointing to the powder under my arm, i said "really?" the manager of that section came over and apologized, and said he would go check the price. 15 minutes later he wasn't back and i left.

while i was waiting on him i browsed around and noticed that the prices on items i was familiar with seemed to be a little high.

my brother in law was in there earlier this week looking for a tent. the one he looked at was 250.00. he found it elsewhere for 175.00.

5. Berretta9

Berretta9

Feb 22, 2005
    Louisville, Ky.
    I hear ya. I went there and the guy behind the counter didn't know anything about what he was selling. The prices are way too high.

6. Terminator2

Terminator2

Apr 23, 2007
    Louisville KY
    I think antique and modern firearms is a better store, may wanna give em a try-they sold me a galco belt for carry use...good selection and a glock armorer there.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I did buy a reloading book at Sportsman's Warehouse beccause it was priced about the same as what it would have cost from Midway, including shipping. Then I got it to the counter and it rang up a LOT higher than Midway - turns out they had meant to raise the price by several dollars but had forgotten to change the sticker, so they gave it to me at a nearly reasonable price. At the price it was supposed to be, I could have ordered it from Midway, had it in 2 days and, even with shipping, saved $3-4.