close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Spongy trigger feel after installing Ghost Trigger connector on G30 sf

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by GKglock324, Jan 2, 2013.

1. GKglock324

GKglock324 GKshooter

Jan 14, 2012
    This is a drop in 3 1/2 lb connector. Ghost trigger connector. I don't like.(I matched the angle) The stock one has a slight travel, stops, then breaks. Weird. I used the same one in the Glock 23 Gen 4 and love it..Must be something with the G30 sf with the stiffer firing pin spring. I ordered another Glock model 3 1/2 trigger connector..when it comes in, I will update.

2. GKglock324

GKglock324 GKshooter

Jan 14, 2012
    New trigger connector came in yesterday from Glockstore.com, but it isn't a "Glock" labeled brand, it's a Scherer. I thought..hmm. I installed it..It's just a tad better, but I'm still not happy with it and I paid way to much for it. 30.00 with shipping. Midway USA is selling the same one labeled Scherer for 8.95.
    Btw , new 6 lb trigger spring was installed and because it's a .45 acp, firing pin spring was kept at 6 lbs. to prevent light strikes on primers.
    Gonna try the Glockworks V4 race trigger connector and see how it performs..if all else fails, Full Zev Tech Fulcrum replacement.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013

3. GKglock324

GKglock324 GKshooter

Jan 14, 2012
    Zev Tech Ultimate Fulcrum trigger arrived today..I'm a happy camper with the feel..nice click to the safety on the trigger, very little travel, breaks like glass, and no over travel.
    Installed the 2 lb striker spring with the included lightened skeletonized striker pin that has an extended tip to prevent light primer strikes. Trigger pull is at a consistent 4lbs.
    I have not messed with the factory set screws, nor plan to. I'm still gonna throw some serious rounds thru it before I consider it my carry weapon..again.

4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Had a Ghost Ultimate left over from a gen 3 gun. Tried it in my Gen 4 and hated it. Stock connector gave a better feel in my G19.

5. GKglock324

GKglock324 GKshooter

Jan 14, 2012
    Love the new trigger. breaks like a carrot.