close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Speaking German in Texas.

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Skyhook, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    Speaking German in Texas
    In Texas there is a town called New Braunfels , where there is a large German-speaking population. One day, a local rancher driving down a country road noticed a man using his hand to drink water from the rancher's stock pond.

The rancher rolled down the window and shouted: "Sehr angenehm! Trink das Wasser nicht. Die kuehe haben darein geschissen " which means: "Glad to meet you! Don't drink the water. The cows have **** in it."

The man shouted back: "I'm from New York and just down here campaigning for Obama's health care plan. I can't understand you. Please speak in English."

The rancher replied: "Use both hands!"

2. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    Ich glaube das habe ich hier schon 2-3x gelesen.

3. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
  4. banjobob

banjobob

Nov 3, 2008
    Texas
    I went to school with a girl, I met her grandfather and he did not speak a word of English, only German. This was in the hill country in 1997-98. Their family lived on the same ranch for 100+ years. Pretty amazing. I think this is very unusual, but still just jaw dropping to me. Spanish unfortunately is an every day occurrence for me here in the Alamo city.

5. LeathelM

LeathelM

Dec 10, 2011
  6. 1955mercury

1955mercury

Nov 30, 2011
  7. Ringo S.

Ringo S.

Jun 12, 2010
    They speak german in this video and subtitles in english.