Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Speak to a physical therapist when you have a problem

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by bdcochran, Feb 28, 2012.

  1. bdcochran


    Sep 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I have been going into the gym and weightlifting and doing specific stretching exercises daily for 4 years except when out of town or sick. Still, I had trouble walking.

    I went to a physical therapist who happened to have a phd and was also a Pilates instructor. She tested all of my movements.

    It turned out that I have lost elasticity (over 65 years old). She gave me three exercises to do three times a day plus riding an exercycle. Have followed the instructions for the last month and added additional reps. What a difference!

    Don't hesitate to seek professional advice.
  2. GlockJohn


    Oct 19, 2010
    amazing what happens when you strengthen the specific muscles that are the problem. Truth be told and generally speaking-most gym workouts actually weaken the muscles you really need to maintain gait-because they don't get worked by doing traditional exercises. Good call on the PT-give you one guess what I do for a living?

  3. ca survivor

    ca survivor

    Dec 25, 2011
    yes, physical therapist are great
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012