close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SP101 revolver question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by GOCANES, May 8, 2012.

1. GOCANES

GOCANES
    Expand Collapse

Currently have a Ruger SP101, spurless, 2 1/4 bl revolver. The factory grips did not feel comfortable to me while shooting( kind of hard/hurting in the hand). I was thinking of the Hogue grips, but also considering a set of CT lasergrips. Anyone out there have the setup with the CT's on their SP101...how does it feel in the hand..any problems with a holster designed for one without the CT attached not working with the CT attached..thanks in advance for any help. Mainly concerned about the feel.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. collim1

collim1
    Expand Collapse
    Shower Time!

Cant comment on the CT grips, but I do have experience with the Hogues and a SP101. If you get the Hogues I prefer the soft rubber vs the hard nylon. I have tried them both.

3. DonD

DonD
    Expand Collapse

I've had two SP101s, only have the 3"er right now. My attitude is that if I'm going to carry a .357, I'm going to run hot loads for self defense and I use Buffalo Bore 158 gr JHPs. They run about 1320 fps in my gun.

The factory grips hammer my middle finger (can't do without your middle finger when driving :supergrin:).

I found the rubber Hogues to be vastly more comfortable, middle and all other fingers are fine. Don

4. Andrewsky

Andrewsky
    Expand Collapse

The hogue grips feel better than a woman's breast.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

Got to be the wrong woman then:supergrin: