close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SP101 revolver question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by GOCANES, May 8, 2012.

1. GOCANES

GOCANES

Sep 16, 2009
    Currently have a Ruger SP101, spurless, 2 1/4 bl revolver. The factory grips did not feel comfortable to me while shooting( kind of hard/hurting in the hand). I was thinking of the Hogue grips, but also considering a set of CT lasergrips. Anyone out there have the setup with the CT's on their SP101...how does it feel in the hand..any problems with a holster designed for one without the CT attached not working with the CT attached..thanks in advance for any help. Mainly concerned about the feel.

2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Cant comment on the CT grips, but I do have experience with the Hogues and a SP101. If you get the Hogues I prefer the soft rubber vs the hard nylon. I have tried them both.

3. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    I've had two SP101s, only have the 3"er right now. My attitude is that if I'm going to carry a .357, I'm going to run hot loads for self defense and I use Buffalo Bore 158 gr JHPs. They run about 1320 fps in my gun.

The factory grips hammer my middle finger (can't do without your middle finger when driving :supergrin:).

I found the rubber Hogues to be vastly more comfortable, middle and all other fingers are fine. Don

4. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

May 28, 2004
    The hogue grips feel better than a woman's breast.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL

Got to be the wrong woman then:supergrin: