close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Southern Indiana Muzzleloader Kill

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by buckfever34, Dec 8, 2004.

1. buckfever34

buckfever34

Apr 6, 2004
    Southern IN
    I have one section of ground I stay off of all during gun season so all the hunting pressure in the area can spook the deer onto this piece of property.

The first good wind I had to hunt my favorite stand was on Monday morning. I arrived at my stand well before daylight and got settled in.

This buck came through with a doe shortly after 8:00 o'clock. It offered a perfect broadside shot at 47 steps. The Knight Disk Extreme did the rest.

No big hunting story to be told. I didn't grunt, bleat, rattle, or use any attractant scent. I was just fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Buckfever34

2. what load & bullet type? Also how acurate are these DISC rifles ?

3. buckfever34

buckfever34

Apr 6, 2004
    Southern IN
    I use 150 grains (3 pellets) of pyrodex with Barnes' Red Hot 220 grain sabot. I have the gun sighted in 2 inches high at 100 yards. My best three shot group was 1.75 inches which I feel is pretty accurate for a muzzleloader. It will consistently keep them under 2.25 inches.

I use the "spit-patch technique" when shooting from the bench and I make sure I thoroughly clean it at the end of the season or shooting session.

I have taken deer with this gun out to 150 yards. I have never attempted a shot beyond that and I don't think I ever would for the fear of a superficial wound. However, many believe current production muzzleloaders are effective 200 yard weapons.

I have shot many other brands of muzzleloaders and I have not found one that out performs my Knight.

Hope this helps!!
    Clint