South Central PA Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by geodan, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Today I noticed several AR-type rifles in the case, and I was surprised to see M4 pattern rifles from 4 different manufacturers in stock, from a Colt LE6920 at $1050 down to a DPMS at ~ $699. Cash and carry, I love PA. Wouldn't see that in Maryland from where I came. So, no election year panic-induced clearing of the shelves up this way.:wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    New Member South Central PA Introduction Forum Dec 9, 2014
    South Central Ky Introduction Forum Jul 17, 2012
    South Central MO Range Day Midwest Glockers Aug 16, 2011
    Glock Rear Sight Pusher (South Central PA) Pennsylvania Glockers Club Feb 4, 2009
    WTB Glock 27 South or Central FL Wanted To Buy Oct 26, 2008

3. We have no ARs at all in Wal-Marts south eastern PA.

4. I noticed that at a south central pa Walmart (chambersburg) not only do they have those rifles, they also have reloading supplies

5. My Walmart doesn't have the DPMS, but does have the colt and a sig.

6. The few Walmarts around here I have been in carry no firearms at all.

7. Colt, Sig, DPMS, Bushmaster and Windham Armory ARs all present in South Texas at Wal-Mart.

8. Chuck66

Chuck66 Traveling Man

Same here in NE TN. Really thinking about that Windham and the Colt. Good prices for local availability. You'll not do nearly that good without going to the net.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. This is so stupid. PA walmarts have firearms and down here in SE TexaSS doesn't? :rolleyes:

10. Wow. I don't live far from Chambersburg; gonna have to pay that WalMart a visit. My local store carries only hunting rifles and shotguns.

11. I was told Wal Mart has some funky rule about being close to a school. If the store is (x) distance from a school it will not stock firearms, but they will stock ammo. At least in Fla anyway I noticed the Florida City Wally World in South Fla has the M4's in stock . The Colt is beckoning me .

#10 PhantomF4E, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  12. im gonna have to check mine they took out the firearms section long ago but I got a flyer last week that said something about them having guns now...dont know if its true and they got it back or if it was just one of those "mistake" flyers I really should not have gotten.

13. Not all WMs carry firearms. Locally here (SE Texas in Brazoria County) about 1/2 the store carry them and 1/2 don't. In is based on a number of factors rather to carry them or not in a certain store. Now with firearms being allowed to be placed in layaway sales are brisk to say the least. ARs are a strong seller at WM so expect to see more in the future. :wavey:

14. There's something like 9 Walmarts in my county, the most populated in the State. All carry ammo and none carry firearms. They built a huge Walmart the next county over that has a much smaller population and it has a large rifle/shotgun display and a isle and a half of shooting accessories. Go figure.

15. Same here in souther NC. They never have all brands at the same time but I've seen all in stock at one point or another over the last couple of months.

#14 boomhower, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  16. Same here. You have to go find someone just to unlock the damn case to get ammo, then fork over your DL at cash out. It's bull****.

17. The DL is only if you appear under 40 years old. The lock case is to keep the ammo "controlled access", both to ensure only folks of legal age can obtain any ammo.

If you are getting "carded" because you look under 40 enjoy it now cause some day you won't :rofl:

18. Any Walmarts near Lancaster PA carry ARs?

19. and just one more reason I miss PA(Lancaster)

20. DSG Arms have Colt 6920 for $995 with free shipping till the end of this month. I'm still thinking about it.

21. WalMart publishes a special-order gun catalog. But I don't know how the process works (order on-line and pick up in store)?