close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

South Beach, FL: No Gun at 'Batman' Causes Stir

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Patchman, Aug 1, 2012.

1. What's the problem...? it's not like he screamed "FIRE" at a crowded movie theater. :whistling:

The guy was originally seated at the back of the theater. He later got up and went up and down the stairways several times before getting into an argument with another moviegoer.

He then left the theater only to return later wearing gloves. When he started yelling out "THIS IS IT" from the back of the room, the theater emptied out rather quickly.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/...ch-theater-florida-man-arrested#ixzz22Kk63tXi

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. Miami Gator

Miami Gator

May 26, 2011

3. Keoking

Keoking

Jan 4, 2005
    Rowlett, TX
    If a frightened CHLer had shot the dude, I would be interested to see how that played out in the media and the courts.

4. To cement the OP - Carry Issue nexus, let me ask:

1. Is this FL county "CCW" issuance friendly?
    2. Are there any "Guns Prohibited" signs at the theater?

5. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    pretty silly that this caused a panic.

a person is smart, people are dumb, panicky dangerous animals

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Licenses are issued at the state level. Florida was sort of a bit earlier than some of the other "shall issue" states.

7. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
  8. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Alright, Tommy Lee...

9. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    Mm..looks like heaven
    Without asking questions that would make Russ upset with me, I'll simply pose this question: was there a recent event in a theater that made national headlines and resulted in the death of 12 people and the injuries of several dozen more? Yeah, I can't imagine why people might be on edge in theaters right now, especially if a jerkoff is causing problems and acts in the manner described in the article.

10. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011

well gosh, aren't you just a paradigm of self control.

if someone started yelling in a movie you were in would you panic and run for the door?

yeah, me neither.

11. jph02

jph02

Jun 10, 2012
    Michigan
    Woah! Uncle Festus gone Jack Nicholson in The Shining crazy...
    [​IMG]

I'd say it would not be pretty. Despite the mug shot, there was no immediate or unavoidable danger of death or grievous bodily harm. According to Massad Ayoob's all-states rule:
    No guns signs do not have force of law in FL so this becomes more a matter of respecting the property owner's right to control his property than a matter of law. It may well become a trespass issue once a carrier is asked to leave, however.

12. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
  13. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    You got it right. The only problem is that with reference to the OP, being right is not at issue. The OP wants to whine about the refusal of the vast majority of Americans to embrace a mythical wild west social structure. The OP is afraid that the recent mass killing in Co. will lead to the restriction of the 2nd Amendment and other attendant rights such as cc, etc. He pretends that the people in the theater incident he referenced acted inappropriately. And everyone is supposed to assume that had he been present, he would have immediately popped rounds at perceived threats as he bravely stood his ground. Yeh. Assuming that they did not shoot him down, wonder what he would have been thinking/saying as the police cuffed him and took him off to jail? Oh yeh... he'd be saying, "I was standing my ground!" Yeh.

14. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Then he would be arrested & charged & put through the ringer. "frightened" is not a situation you can use your gun by FL statutes.

What I don't get is the bond is reported at $8K..the charge is disorderly conduct? That makes zero sense.

15. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Its about as unfriendly to the 2A as you'll get in Florida. However, thanks to Governor Skeletor, we have laws prohibiting them from legislating their disrespect for our right to bear arms.

Most have them. None carry criminal penalties. But they can tell you to leave and you must leave, of course.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  16. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    You got all that from:
    How'd you do that?

17. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Not only do we need to ban guns. . We also need to ban no guns. . . Or something like that. . . :dunno:

18. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    How about we simply beat anyone stupid enough to imply that they are going to start shooting people in a theater just weeks after a crazed killer actually did it.

Honestly, anyone who defends Uncle Festus' actions in the South Beach theater is a troll. Because it's indefensible by any reasonable person.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012