close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sources Say Obama Was in the Room Watching Benghazi Attack Happen

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    The Blaze's reporting obviously has factual errors and appears to be pure partisan speculation. They claim Glen Doherty was already at the CIA station in Benghazi when in fact he was part of the GRS team from Tripoli. The also claim that it's been reported that there were 3 separate calls for action FROM the CIA station in Benghazi to Washington. It's a brazen attempt to conflate and misread Jennifer Griffin's report. Her report made no such claim. And thirdly, all of this relies on un-named, 3rd party accounts. If someone has a story to tell that the CIA station refused help to the consulate or that the military refused forces from Sigonella then they should stand up and say so. Until then it's all partisan speculation.

2. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    We all know they chose not to send help. We can all see through their lies, and BS. I would like to know why they abandoned our men. I would like to see someone step up and give a reason for such a cowardly action.

3. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    You "know it" because you want to believe it. Maybe if you, or anyone, had a shred of evidence then it should be published. Until then it's just partisan innuendo meant to pull the emotional chains of nitwits.

4. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    I wonder why the administration will not answer simple questions? Who gave the order to stand down? Where was the President during the attack? There are many more questions for sure, but you get the idea.

5. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    Here are some actual facts. The attack on the consulate started at approximately 9:40pm local time (3:40pm EST) and lasted about an hour. The President was just leaving from Walter Reed, Bethesda at 4:40pm EST.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/09/president_obama_official_sched_1000.html

So tell me again how Obama was watching from the White House when this occurred... Oh, that's right, you can't... because he was in Maryland.

6. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    They have answered questions. They just won't answer the far right wing attack machine that's lying and inventing circumstances from 3rd hand anonymous sources.

7. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Your giving it a valiant effort! You really are. You love dear leader and you want to protect him, but you have to admit to yourself that this latest scandal really smells bad. People died, and someone has blood on their hands. Someone gave the order to stand down. State has disavowed. CIA has disavowed.

Why was Gen. Ham relieved of duty during the attack? Who gave the order to stand down?

8. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    Everything you said there is speculation or misinterpretation of the facts.

You say that the CIA disavowed. They disavowed the reporting from Griffin that the CIA refused to send help to the consulate. All they're saying is that report isn't true and it's only wild speculation that from Bill Krystal and Glen Beck that such a thing means that Obama, who was at Walter Reed at the time, gave an order to refuse help. It's nonsense.

And all the speculation about Gen. Ham is nothing but internet rumor. Show me a something real and I'll take a look at it.

All this is right now is craven political hacks trying to gets some momentum by politicking on the graves of dead Americans. And it's despicable.

9. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    So there is no story here? We should just move along? Dear leader handled the situation without error? No one did anything wrong?

You forgot to mention that dear leader promised to investigate the situation. And you forgot to mention the terrible bad no-good video that caused this entire problem.

You mean that this doesn't bother you at all? I realize that some of the reports will be proven to be false. Some of the facts will be wrong. But this smells bad to me. And the lies the administration told about the video causing the attack only make them look guilty. There is a cover-up. Why? Who told the Ambassador to the UN to lie to the American people?

10. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    I agree that what Rice said to the UN was wrong. It obviously wasn't anything other than an armed militia attack. But to claim that was an attempt to "cover-up" is nonsensical. What would saying that the cause of the attack stemmed from the video actually cover up? Nothing, because the facts remained the same. Stevens and Smith died of smoke inhalation at the consulate and Doherty (who had just flown 400 miles from Tripoli with the GRS team) and Woods were killed by mortar fire at the CIA station about 2 miles away. Saying that the cause of the attacks was Mickey Mouse or McDonalds hamburgers wouldn't change the facts or constitute a cover up.

11. nmk

nmk

Apr 25, 2007
    Flintlocker is actually the most rational person in a thread. I need a drink.

12. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    just "bumps in the road" folks, unless it was your family. Nothing too see here, the Dear Leader has it all under control................

but, hey we got Obamaphones.........

13. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    What did the president know and when did he know it?

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Well that's a start. And who told her to say what she said? Why hasn't she (or her bosses) been fired yet?

Instead of yelling about people politicizing this why aren't you asking the questions that need to be asked? Quit being a tool for this administration's lies and deceptions.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  15. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    I find it EXTREMELY HARD to believe people in the administration including the president wasnt up to speed on the situation as it was happening....the attempt to cover this up is overwhelmingly evident....this area was "hot" with activity and intel on high alert, I hope those willing speak the truth do so...if this is put by the wayside I pray for my brothers pulling security detail in these cesspools

16. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    You mean this whole scandal doesn't smell to you? Nothing bothers you about how this was handled? Flintlocker's take on the facts is based on his desire for this to go away. Maybe he has been brainwashed by reading the NY Times or watching MSNBC. But he fails to acknowledge that all the diversion points to a cover-up. Too many people know what really happened. 300-400 people read the emails. The CIA people on the ground have talked to some of the news outlets. The truth will come out... unless O. Is re-elected.

17. nmk

nmk

Apr 25, 2007
    Of course it smells, but I'm not going bat**** crazy and loose with the facts because then you are no better than him.

18. I have to believe that someone, somewhere in the Obama administration has at least a shred of dignity, courage, or a sense of right and wrong and will see to it that the truth comes out, hopefully sooner than later.