close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sound hunting advice.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Zombie Steve, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    I don't profess to be the great white hunter or anything, but the "needing to pee quickly" comment in the bibs thread reminded me of a duck hunt many years ago in Nebraska. Suffice it to say it's a bad idea to eat gas station frozen burritos and drink PBR with your buddies the night before duck hunting. Makes you a pretty unpopular guy in the blind. Not the kind of calling you want. It's also a good idea in general to bring toilet paper and keep it at the top of your pack. :whistling::supergrin:

Feel free to share any hard-knocks hunting wisdom here.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

:rofl: :rofl:

Man I do not leave the ranch house PERIOD, without my emergency kit ! Half roll of toilet paper ! I started that as a young kid when I got caught about a mile from the truck, a foot, deer huntin, in a Oklahoma blizzard on the ranch up home, and had to go and had NO T.P. I had to strip off from the waste up and use my favorite T- shirt. Besides I like to froze to death in sub zero weather ! :rofl:

Sound wisdom ! Carry an emergency kit ! T.P. :supergrin:

CM

3. bassman-dan

bassman-dan NRA Lifer

Jan 29, 2004
    Quagmire, Louisiana
    And as a youngster I learned early that there are NO tree leaves or other vegetation that makes a good substitution. TP/towelettes now reside in both the Jeep & day pack. (Those baby wipes are one of the great technological advances of our time!):supergrin:

4. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Seems like I woulda learned, but I had to give up my favorite hankie last year hiking the side of a mountain. Precarious work on a 50 degree scree slope.

Here's a tip I'm sure my dad would have added to this thread: When getting in your tree stand before dawn, take a second and check for bobcats. :shocked:

5. Part of start of the day 4 my hunting, is to stop at any of the numerous rob-and-stop gas stations and get a hand full of napkins. I carry these into the field along with a a few wrinkled newspaper ads section. Makes for a great outdoor emergency if you have to do #2.

6. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

The napkins I can understand... The ad section of the news paper make you a much tuffer Hombre than me amigo ! Unless, your reading the want ads while taking care of business then using the napkins ! I'm so spoiled I am strickly a 'Charmin carrier' myself. HaHa :rofl:

Man what a thread ! Only Steve could have come up with this stuff. :tongueout:

Try the comic section next time noway, at least their more fun ! :supergrin:

Stay safe my friend.

CanyonMan

7. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

Leaves and vegetation ! ? Man try living HERE and forgetting the T.P. :wow: Ha.

This is just the easy parts out behind the ranch house. haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will make you remember the emergency kit ! Man those poor Comanche's that used to live on our place ! haha.

Be thankful for leaves and vegetation amigo... hahaha !

Stay safe.

CM

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  8. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

Jan 10, 2011
    dallas, tx
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

9. The ad section I hardly ever read, so it's the 1st to go to the south side. If you wrinkle up the paper , it's kinda soft

10. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Once when I was about 15 I went deer hunting and had to pee so bad in the stand I thought I was going to pop a kidney. I finally decided I couldn't take it any more, so I peed out of the deer stand. I was sure that meant I wouldn't see anything for the rest of the trip, but less than 20 minutes later I had a bunch of dumbass does walk right under the stand. Sure enough, their buck eventually came walking out and I got him.

:thumbsup:

11. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: To noway and Steve and ALL... Bye guys, I am "POOPED OUT," on this one. Gotta go ! :tongueout:

May you all be blessed with strong bladders and much T.P. ;)

WHEW !

CM

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
  13. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
  14. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

we scouted this area out and glassed the day before, it ended up taking MUCH longer to get to the shooting spot than we anticipated. I was starving when I got there so I wolfed an entire MRE with all the sides and used the whole thing of tabasco. About 30 minutes later I had the most painful and mentally disturbing craps of my life. I am pretty sure I killed the tree I deuced on.

15. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
  16. BuckeyePPC

BuckeyePPC

Jun 26, 2001
    SE AZ
  17. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    I had a guy tell me that he's peed out of his tree stand for 30 years and still shot deer. Some people are nuts about scent block and some not. I know a guy that was peeing into ziploc bags he was so paranoid. Only problem is when I went to use his tree stand, he left the bags up there. :upeyes:

18. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Ziploc bags? I could see that getting really messy.

I certainly don't recommend peeing out of the stand if you can avoid it, but scent might just be less important than people think.