close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sotaarms

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Rich22, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Rich22

Rich22

So I have found a place that can get me essentially what I am looking for (300 blk 16 inch quad rail upper) in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable amount of money. According to the nice knowledgable sales lady about 530 bucks for a complete upper and all I will need to do to complete what I want is a milspec lower and vert foregrip and of course optic. I am looking for the catch here, I cant find anything overly wrong but I am a newb at this so still a bit concerned. 1. anyone have experience with them? 2. Any obvious signs I should be seeing here? 3. Any alternatives that will get me a complete rifle for a grand or less that is quality?

Also, assuming this is good to go, 1. on a 16 inch barrel, carbine or rifle length quad rail? I like the idea of as much length as possible for sight radius with BU irons and more overall flexibility. 2, should I look at having them ship the barrel without the brake on it and get a comp for it myself? 3, Where would be the best place to look for a lower, Need adjustable stock, nice trigger etc

Thank you o wise men of GT.

Rich

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

The catch is that I've never heard of "Sotaarms," and I'd bet most other folks haven't either.

3. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Never heard of them.

To answer your second question, I like long rails.

4. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

im a newbie as well and ive looked at everyones ar platform , and ive never heard of it . :wow::wow:

id stay away

5. bmoore

bmoore

Put me on the "never heard of them" list.

6. Rich22

Rich22

About the best info I have found is 1 guy over on 300blktalk.com says he got his upper there and has worked well. I am still trying to find alternatives but i'm finding squat.

7. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

This would be what we call "A Clue.". Unknown companies can be a great deal, or a massive pain in the ass. I'm not a fan of risking that much money.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

8. Fwdftw

Fwdftw

haha i bet you do. Sorry. I couldnt resist..

OP i havent heard of them either.

9. TucsonGlocker

TucsonGlocker Young Gun

Add me to that list as well.. :dunno:

10. Rich22

Rich22

well at least I can say that unlike several companies at least there is nothing blatantly horrible that is out there. My thoughts are, worst case use a CC I know will give me my money back if they do not ship.

11. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Well that's not a very good way of looking at a firearm purchase IMO. Besides, if they do ship and you get a dud product, there's no refund (unless the company admits they've made a bad product and return your money). I'd sign up for every email notification for every site that has 300blk products as I could. You'll get the email saying something is in stock before you know it. Patience truly is a virtue in today's AR market:wavey: