close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sorry you guys with sigma's that love them...

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by mesteve2, Oct 8, 2009.

1. mesteve2

mesteve2

Mar 2, 2001
    USA
    sigma I call them Stink-ma!

A student of mine started class with one.

Had to send it back to smith when it locked up on the range!

He had bought the gun new and shot two boxes of 50 throught it!

I told him in class it was a POS and to sell it and get a Glock 32 with 3 mags

new in the box for less than $430.00 with taxes.

He is now saving his money to get a Glock!

smith soaked him $167.00 to fix it and return it to him! :wow:

This is for a $279.00 POS gun.

Well smith you just did a great job on a poor Security Officer:crying:.

I hope you are proud!

He is going to be great unpaid advertisement for you freaks :rant:

Now you know why I call them Stink-ma's and do not recomend them to my students.

2. R.TOKER

R.TOKER

Jan 26, 2004
    Buckeye Country!!
    I've never owned a Sigma. However, my M&P9 will shoot circles around my three Glocks. :tongueout: Seems to be a growing trend in law enforcement circles that the M&P is winning lots of folks over. I know I love mine.

3. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    Kind of rude....
    If the gun was new why did S&W charge him for a repair?
    I lost a part to a mag for my M&P 9 and called Smith and they sent me a couple of free butt plate catches. Their service was great.
    I think you have anger management issues and name calling does no one any good.
    If you don't like S&W there are other places on this forum.

4. R.TOKER

R.TOKER

Jan 26, 2004
    Buckeye Country!!
    :supergrin:

I've never heard anything close to what he describes from S&W's customer service. I've never had to use it but they always have positive reports from their customers. As I said above, those M&P pistols are fantastic!!

5. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    I cal B.S. on the original post. I can not see S&W not fixing the gun for free. There must be more to the story. I have owned 3 Glocks (17, 19, 23) and must say I prefer S&W M&Ps and 3rd Gens. Not saying Glocks are bad, I just prefer others.

6. anyplainjoe

anyplainjoe Nobody special.

Dec 28, 2005
    In flyover country
    isn't there a lifetime warranty on those. this emotionally charged story seems fishy.

7. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

Jul 11, 2007
    Tomball,tx
    I think the op's right.
    The sigma is just a junk early glock copy.
    The hyundai of guns :)
    Possibly approaching daewoo level rotflmao

8. slumpmaster

slumpmaster Amateur

Mar 18, 2002
    NE WA
    I wonder if there is any other handgun in history to inspire such strong feelings of (often poorly informed) hatred.

Oh, yeah, the Glock.

Shoot a VE model Sigma before you bash, and you may be surprised at how it performs.

9. Shamus99

Shamus99

Dec 21, 2004
    Oregon
    Ditto

10. chessail 77

chessail 77

May 27, 2009
    The original poster is ignorant, wrong and most likely misinformed, odds are all of them. If he was actually giving a class then telling someone to buy any specific brand, then he is just plain wrong and over the top, and he is showing his ignorance. Too many factors are involved in choosing a weapon and any so called instructor who states or specifies only one brand does his students a total disservice and is someone to steer clear of . He should be attending a class on integrity and respecting others, and doing what is best for the students in his care. I own two Sigmas (9 mm, .40 S&W) and also a Glock 23 as well as a Sig. The Sigma is a dependable, excellent firearm, excellent value and totally reliable and after thousands of rounds I am qualified to speak against some so called instructor who says he saw one break, and rants against it as if Glocks never do, totally ignorant and false. Smith & Wesson has a lifetime warranty and their customer service is exceptional and that is widely known by gun folks across the spectrum, so odds are it was repaired at no cost. The biggest complaint about Sigma pistols is the trigger pull, but thousands of owners know it is dead on reliable, so enough juvenile trash talk and produce some facts to back this claim of charging the customer.

11. Shamus99

Shamus99

Dec 21, 2004
    Oregon
  12. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I hate the Sigma trigger pulls, but I've seen a few come through my classes and they have proved to be both durable and reliable. I've also never seen S&W charge a customer for fixing a gun that broke under normal use. The OP's story seems fishy to me.

13. Sbh87

Sbh87 Handgunner

The thing with the sigmas is that they are a value gun, nothing more nothing less. I know a few people who have one and they all say that it is not a bad gun but it is also nothing to write home about. It is reliable according to my friends who have one but none of them carry on a regular basis for protection. For them it is mostly a range gun.

I actually bought my M&P at Smith and Wesson and at the same time there was a guy next to me buying a Sigma and even though the Sigmas are not as bad as people say I still thought to myself why doesn't he just buy an M&P. The M&P was only about 200 more and worlds better, but to each his own I guess.

All I know is I am happy with the M&P and I don't want to sound like a snob but I have been into firearms and shooting sports long enough that I am above buying a value gun. Sorry if that statement rubs others the wrong way but it's just how i feel.

14. corbon1

corbon1

Apr 5, 2003
    Michigan
    This is so funny because, some of you will buy Kel-Tec .380's and carry them but then you turn around and bad mouth S&W Sigma's.
    The barrel in the Sigma's are way better than Kel-Tec's barrels.
    If it goes bang when you pull the trigger thats all you need, the rest is up to you. !

15. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Mar 6, 2004
    SW Ohio
    I have a 40ve and m&p 40. Both are good imo. I have had the sigma for about 6 years now. Always been reliable. I broke the trigger while doing a strip down to do a trigger job on it. I called s&w and told them I broke it. They shipped it both ways and fixed it for free even though it was my fault. Can't beat that. I tend to think there is some bs in the original post.

16. Out West

Out West

May 24, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    What is the point in putting down another man's preference? It's weak stuff.

Out West

17. Yarddog(1)

Yarddog(1)

Dec 28, 2009
    N/E FL.
    For a inexspensive CCW it sure fits the bill & I LOVE MINE had it fore 7 years thousands of rounds throgh it NO PROBLEMS ;-) YMMV
    Y/D

18. ab4ka

ab4ka Florida Cracker

Feb 21, 2008
    Zephyrhills, Florida
    here's another vote for b.s. If he bought it new it should be under warranty.

19. demusn79

demusn79

May 21, 2005
    Not even Sigma haters would believe this load.
    S&W won't charge to repair a defective gun and also pays freight BOTH ways.
    Even my used S&W's that had problems were repaired free of charge,they never even asked.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  20. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    As with a great deal of your posts, I find this hard to believe. :upeyes: