Glock Talk banner

Sooooo....I made a trade over the weekend...

712 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Glkster19 
#1 ·
Traded my Canon 70-200 f/4 IS for a Canon 100-400 f/4-5.6 IS. Being as I like aviation photography I felt this may be a better lens for that. Anybody have it? Like it? It has the slide zoom instead of the traditional twist zoom, that'll take some getting used to I'm sure. Should be here Thursday according to Fed-Ex tracking.

#2 ·
I have it. was the first L lens I bought. I have used it at airshows. A 1D and a 100-400 get heavy by the end of the day. The slide zoom is faster than normal twist zoom.

#3 ·
A 1D and a 100-400 get heavy by the end of the day. The slide zoom is faster than normal twist zoom.

So is an XSi and a 100-400. Took the monopod with me today after a short shoot yesterday, glad I did. Seems to take good pictures, at least as good as I can take anyways. The slide zoom is pretty cool. Thought it would take some getting used to but I really liked it right from the start. Missing my 70-200 even less now after playing with the 100-400.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.