close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Soon to join the 10/22 Club

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Rys2k8Altima, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima
    Expand Collapse

I guess it didnt really matter to me either which way. This is a great gun for 130 dollars. I just need to find a scope of it now. Either that or a red dot. Im not sure, any guideance?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. BlackBelt

BlackBelt
    Expand Collapse

I bought a new Ruger 10/22 at a gunshow this past weekend for $219. Then I read where everyone else was buying them at Walmart for $189.
    What a kick in the crotch... :(
    However, the new gun is much more accurate than my old 10/22. The polymer trigger group housing is tougher and thicker than the old aluminum housing. Believe me, it would take a tank rolling over it to make it crack.
    I tricked out my old 10/22 with VQ parts and a match barrel.
    The new Ruger has actually has a decent trigger and the stock barrel is shooting tight little groups much better than my match barrel.
    Still bugs me about spending the extra $$$ on the gun though...

3. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Look at it this way -- maybe you got a 10/22 built on a Tuesday. If you bought one from Wally World, you might have gotten one built on a Friday.

The 10/22 you got sounds like a finely-tuned machine. Even with CNC mass production, there's nothing to say that any other 10/22 you bought would have been as well put-together. So I say -- enjoy your rifle. :)

Anyway, that's the rationale I use when I spend a few $$$ more for something. Sometimes, it works... :)

4. Rys2k8Altima

Rys2k8Altima
    Expand Collapse

Does Wally World still sell the 10/22?

5. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Not all Wally Worlds carry firearms any more. IIRC, they consolidated their firearm sales in six or seven Wal-Marts throughout the country. The rest only carry ammo.

This is off the top of my head, so if anyone has more info, please chime in.