close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sons of Guns is getting retarded

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by glockrex, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phinfan

phinfan

Oct 5, 2008
    As I said earlier, these threads are great entertainment, seeing who can go the lowest.

It is also interesting that so many people who thinks the show is retarded, seem to know so much about it.

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    That's a valid criticism; it really is; and I was, kind 'a, waiting for someone to say it. I, myself, watched the first several episodes UNTIL the, 'boy finds girl' nonsense started. Then I began to notice the same things as a few other people in this thread.

THE RJF WORKMANSHIP APPEARS TO BE JUST A LITTLE CRUDE!

(Actually, by the 3rd or 4th Red Jacket show I'd already made up my mind to take my present gunsmith out to lunch, and let him eat anything he wants.)

As for everybody, 'dumping' on the program? Well, again, you have a point; but, it's got 'a be better than us picking on each other; and, obviously, there's always way too much of that going on around here.

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Could this be one of those "Do you still beat your wife?" observations?

If they didn't know much about it, the argument would be "How can you say it's retarded if you DON'T watch it?"

4. Ford302Glock21

Ford302Glock21 Chrome Horsie

Dec 3, 2004
    Orlando FL
    I called both those shows stupid a long time ago. They still are but I have been watching them because they still get to play with some nice things and I get to watch it in hd. Its still more entertaining than 99% of tv. Also like american pickers and pawn stars as well. Also like to watch chopper. I don't watch much for the drama but more for the hardware. I don't even ride motorcycles for fear but I like engines and fabrication.

I have to say that even with all the shennanigans on these shows every one of them is patriotic for the us military and generally get involved with charity even if they still waste gobs of money for their own egos. That's at least a positive interaction with society.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    I never read that about Joe, but they have mentioned Joes license for explosives on the show- season three I believe.

Will and his daughter both lost their licenses and negotiated with the ATF to keep RJF open, Will could own it but someone else had to have the FFL. Which makes the whole Vince drama kind of odd. Plus, after losing track of 10(!) guns, I wouldn't have trusted them to sell guns and do paperwork under my FFL.

No matter what I think of what they build( Chris couldn't assemble an AR? Seriously? Sure it's full auto- but come on! ), it's still entertaining.

Posted from my iPhone

6. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    +1!

Posted from my iPhone

7. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
    Love that show :cool:

8. The only truly great gun show on TV was 'Tales of the Gun'. I have not seen it on TV in a long time. I did buy the box set a couple years ago. It sure beats any of the drama gun crap on these days.

Wish they would make some new episodes. But they would probably ruin it by putting the reality TV morons on it.

9. I TRY to watch SOG whenever I can. Mostly just to irritate my GF. 5 or 10 minutes in there's such a fuss that the channel HAS TO get changed.

Works every time. :cool:

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  10. glockrex

glockrex

Apr 24, 2007
    Texas
    No, I think it is a general consensus of anyone who has seen the show and who has any knowledge of firearms, that what they come up with is total BS. It is less a show about firearms manufacturing (which it is marketed as) and more a scripted drama. Even my 9 year old niece who is just starting to learn how to shoot can pick apart the crap in the show. I tried to give it a chance, but in the end I realized these morons give responsible gun owners a bad name. For those like that, I have no problem bashing.

11. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    NY
    It's been retarded since it's first episode.

12. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    NY
    LOL!:rofl:

13. Fragman

Fragman

Oct 23, 2006
    Houston
    Have to say I stopped watching it after the first couple of episodes. Thought it was retarded back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. phinfan

phinfan

Oct 5, 2008
    Well, judging from its popularity, i would say you may be wrong.

I would like to pose a question, what direction exactly did you think the show would go in, taking into consideration what RJF's did?

I had an idea, hey for next weeks show we have 150 saigas to convert....awesome, that will be much better than last weeks 145.

One more point, Hollywood has a way of changing things, and calling it artistic license .

A favorite movie of mine is The Blind Side, that is based on a true story. One of the best scenes is when Sandra Bullock gets tired of the way they are coaching him, and walks out on the field and tells him the QB, and RB are family members he should protect, then tells the coach what he is doing wrong.

One problem though, it never happened, and you can repeat that with every show or movie like it.

How many brand new gun concepts can you come up with and produce?

Can you do it weekly?

Of course you cannot, so they do their thing, and they sell it like it is the first time it has been done...so what, it is a TV show, if you don't like it don't watch, the thing is, people watch.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  15. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    MadMonkey, you avatar has me rolling :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.