close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Someone stole my brass scrap.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by justinsaneok, Apr 19, 2011.

1. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

Jul 13, 2010
    Someone stole my scrap brass bucket I had under my carport and my gas can that only had a gallon of gas in it. I need a trail cam or something to catch the brass banditos . Do any of them have a flash that cant be seen? I want to set a trap. I feel violated and must get even with whoever violates my personal space. Any recommendations? :steamed:

2. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

Jul 13, 2010

3. WI-Guy

WI-Guy Famly Protector

Jul 19, 2005
    Claymores and trip wires around the perimeter?

Or trail cams... That would probably work with less potential legal ramifications. There are infrared versions with no flash.

You can also get webcams to hook to your PC for pretty cheap...

4. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

Jul 13, 2010
    So if it's infrared they wont see the flash?

5. WI-Guy

WI-Guy Famly Protector

Jul 19, 2005
    No, with infrared there is no flash at all. It is like night vision...

6. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

Jul 13, 2010
    Trophy cam should do the trick I'm going to bust them. Victory will be mine!

7. Thank your lucky stars it was only scrap brass. If someone stole my reloading brass, I would hunt them down Predator style.

8. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

Jul 13, 2010
    I got time they are going to be in a world of s##t!:steamed: It's the point of going on my property and stealing from me. I would have gave them the brass had they asked. I would have gave them the gas had they asked but they stole it. I would have invited them in and made them a sandwich if they were hungry, gave them an ice cold Pepsi to wash it down. I'm not a greedy man or even in the position to give but I would. They didn't need to steal from me. Now they are not a neighbor, they are my enemy who invaded my home and may have caused harm to me or my family had they been caught red handed. I now know they are unreasonable in their understanding and thinking. They will be treated as such.

9. reloader

reloader

Nov 10, 2001
    East Texas
    How about a Claymore...LOL!

10. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    Not exactly.
    The IR that trail cams use can be seen if you are looking at the camera.

BUT, it is not like a real flash.

11. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Gas can with a 50/50 mix of water and gas.
    Poop in a bucket, cover it with some brass.

That should do it.

12. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    I'll do you one better... Gas can with gas to which you have added a cup or two or three of sugar. :supergrin:

(OK, that might be a touch over the edge.)

13. bush pilot

bush pilot

Jan 29, 2004
    northwest
    Remind me not to piss you off.

14. And THIS would be why you don't screw with old guys... they'll get you and you won't even know it was them til it's WAY too late. :whistling:

15. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    It's much more pleasurable to just lay in wait and beat the hell out of somebody. You young'uns depend way too heavily on technology.

Jack

16. StaTiK

StaTiK Get Some

Jan 22, 2002
    SE Michigan
    Heh, there's nothing illegal about me keeping a can of bad gas on my property. That reminds me of a story when I was younger where a group of teenagers repeatedly went "lawn bowling" using their car as the ball and neighborhood trash cans as pins. One old man got fed up and filled his cans with concrete...

Would I be pissed if someone stole some scrap brass and some gas, yes. Would I track them down to do them harm, resulting in my arrest and possibly prevent me from owning/purchasing firearms? No way. Don't get me wrong, it was probably a snot nosed teenager who could use a tune-up if you caught him on your property but you didn't.

I say take this as a cheap lesson. Buy some motion sensor lights, make sure you're still locking your doors and setting your alarm, and maybe get a camera or two.

-StaTiK-

17. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    PCJim

Had a guy do that here! Had a gas can stolen twice -knew who its was an the cops said unless you catch him in the act they'd couldn't help! He fixed him good put sugar in his new can of gas and watched the Ahole blow up the engine in his car! It was a nice NEW CAR too!:rofl: I hope you catch the perp!
    Think hard on the sugar though great way to stop them in there tracks!:supergrin:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  18. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Exactly the point. DON'T go searching for them. Just make sure that if they come back, they might not be taking what they think they're taking...

Don't take Jack's advice - he's just trying to make sure you can't own firearms so he has the opportunity to add to his collection of Kimbers and STI's (and a plastic gun or two thrown in for good measure).

19. Roughedgekid

Roughedgekid Old Fart

Feb 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    If you catch him maybe you should give him some lead to go with the brass.

20. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Didn’t they try that on Myth Busters and nothing happened. It might clog the fuel pump and filter. But it well not destroy an engine.