close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Someone shot our cat yesterday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jame, Aug 15, 2013.

1. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    I'm thinking game cam and lots of bait.

2. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    I grew up on a farm. Cats were not pets. They did not come in the house. Their sole purpose was to survive on the rodents in our barns and graineries. Now that I live in the city I've found cat owners to be the most irresponsible pet owners in the world. They let them run loose to crap in my flower beds, howl during breeding season, and even tore my convertible top. I find their footprints on my car and bike all the time. If you can't keep them contained live with the consequences. I am the cat controller in my neighborhood. I've warned all my neighbors within a quarter mile that I'm setting traps. They need to put an ID tag on their cat and if I catch it I will bring it home ONE time. After that it's gone.

3. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Well yippity balls for you.

4. 9jeeps

9jeeps

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    Probably a coyote with jacked up teef. Oh NO!!!!

I'm so happy your kitty is getting better.
    As I age I can't stand seeing cruelty to animals.
    Glad you are rural and can read tracks. You'll know how to make a safe place for kitty

We have yotes too.

As well we have Eagles and huge Ospreys. They can leave vicious wounds
    and able to carry away a smaller cat.

5. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    If you don't show your badge, we don't believe you.

Tough talk from a town kid.

6. Khao

Khao

Oct 13, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.
    My god! Poop in the flowerbeds and paw prints on the car!

Forget GI Joe, you're the real American hero!

7. 2bgop

2bgop

Dec 5, 2006
    In the SEC
    This has to be a joke:rofl:

8. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Dec 13, 2005
    America
    And what do you do with the trapped cats?

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    He's like the Punisher, but with cats.

10. GLK8876919

GLK8876919 Confused... Lifetime Member

Dec 19, 2012
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    i'm not saying i'm a cat lover, i already said what i think should happen to the OP's cat "attacker" whomever they be. BUT i'm semi agreeing with AZ. cats are "useful" animals on a farm, not loving pets. do you know how cats were neutered in the "old days on a farm?" go find a boot.....without bringing them into a Vets office and sterile OR? Everyone know why there's usually FEW bulls on a cattle farm? sometimes the GT needs more farm / rural input than shooting enthusiasts / gun loving peeps.... Just IMO, no offense...

11. 2bgop

2bgop

Dec 5, 2006
    In the SEC
    I grew up in as rural place as you can find, what kind of input are you talking about? I also grew up on a very large cattle operation, I think I understand animal ag as well as anyone, but I still don't get your point.

Some people treat some animals poorly? I think we all would stipulate to that.

12. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Mar 6, 2005
    Raccoon City
    Glad to read this.

13. GLK8876919

GLK8876919 Confused... Lifetime Member

Dec 19, 2012
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Plz don't get me wrong. not saying to treat animals poorly what so ever. just saying what some peeps "think" is poor treatment is just "what has to been done" type of philosophy. when cows are castrated now, most, are treated way better than 100 yrs ago. do you agree?

My dogs, when i was living in upstate NY, were always outside animals, every day of the year. i now live in a warm state and my GF's dogs sleep in the same frikin bed and one is a 110 lbs fat slop snoring bull dog that becomes an immovable object. oh how our habits change, but my "belief" is they are still "animals"...

14. 2bgop

2bgop

Dec 5, 2006
    In the SEC
    Hmmm....

15. jame

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    Regardless of philosophy, you never, ever go to someone else's property and shoot their animals.

No?

16. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
    There's no way someone shot her 2 times. Sounds like she got bit, poked, or anything other than shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    Honestly, I really doubt this.

a 22, would kill a 4 month old cat with that placement.

Most likely, something tried to get it, and the cat got away.

I don't know about you, but I like my car. Cats walking across the paint, is unacceptable.

18. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    Proving my point that cat owners are the most irresponsible of all. When I do trap an unidentified cat it goes to the shelter, and hopefully to a more responsible owner. Cats are a dime a dozen, the real owner will not pay the fees to get it out. And stink??? I can tell if you have a cat before you open your door. No way would I have an animal that I had to put out a tray for them to pee and **** in, then have to clean it out!

19. jame

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    No teeth bruises on the other side. No spit either. Also no sharp piercings such as a talon. I've come up on fresh kills back there, and this just doesn't hook up.

The most common firearm around here is the shotgun. I've fired one so much I've had blisters.

The two holes are entirely consistent with a long range or deep brush BB shot.

20. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Dec 13, 2005
    America
    Were the holes completely punctured? Did the vet xray to see if there is any shot inside the cat?