close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some thoughts concerning triggers jobs

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Sippo, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Sippo

Sippo
    Expand Collapse

Mas,

I'm comtemplating a "basic" trigger job for my concealed carry Glock 26 which I use for personal protection.
    Would you have any thoughts to consider before altering the manufacturer's factory installed trigger settings?
    Are there any alterations you'd avoid?
    Which alterations would seem reasonable from a personal defense standpoint that would not telegraph "gun nut with a mission" after a lawful use of lethal force.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

Smooth trigger face: no problem. Lightly polished internals: no problem. "3.5-lb connector resulting in 4.5 lb. pull?" Big problem. It's recommended AGAINST for self-defense guns by its own manufacturer.

I personally don't get heartburn over the 5.5 lb standard factory pull that most use in the Glock. Nor with the Glock approved combination of 3.5 connector with NY-1 module, which brings total pull weight into the 6 pound range. Personally, most of my carry Glocks are fitted with NY-1 and 5.5 lb connector combination, for total pull weight of +/- 8 lb.

GATE is geared for short answers; for a good discussion of this from all angles, go to the sticky about the liability issues with 3.5 connectors at the top of the Carry Issues section here at Glock Talk.

best,
    Mas

3. Sippo

Sippo
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, Sir.