close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

sold guns untransferred licenses

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Young Once, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Have any of you had the (mis) fortune of selling your guns to somebody whom you thought you could trust, and promised to transfer license to their names, then all of a sudden disappears, is nowhere to be found and you realize that the license has not been transferred and still appears in your record with FED? What can you do in such a situation?

2. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Mar 2, 2008
    Insiders at FED will tell you to just file an affidavit of loss so the gun/s would be deleted from your list. The problem there is that you will swear in the affidavit that the gun was actually lost or stolen from you. That could lead to problems later on (perjury) if someone registers said gun and produces a deed of sale that you signed.

3. jing1117

jing1117

Oct 10, 2008
    Roseville, CA
    Yes, this just happened to me. After 9 years that I have sold my .380 we got a visit from the Police looking for the gun, saying why I have not renewed the registration for it. Good enough that I was able to keep the deed of sale for it, which explains everything. Luckily they have dropped the firearm from my name.

(The weird thing though is that they came to our house on a Saturday to inform us and then was asking for everification the next day which is Sunday - makes me beleive that they want more aside from the firearm registration)

4. productionguy

productionguy what a move!!!!

Dec 11, 2006
    in the province
    contact the guy whom you sell the gun,if still you cant locate the guy,go to the nearest police station and file a blotter that the gun is stolen,then affidavit of lost.you will pay php 5,000 fine sa fed for the lost of gun.wanted of lost ang magiging file mo sa fed,if ever he will transfer the gun to his name hindi na pwede.

5. Clusterbomb

Clusterbomb

Jan 22, 2008
    Whether I know the buyer or not, I always insist that we go to a gunstore so that it would arrange the transfer- the buyer fills out all the required application forms and pays the required fees. Then we execute a Deed of Conditional Sale.

In more than one occasion, a buyer comes to me insisting that he pay me in full right then and there so that he can take the FA immediately. They would always say, "Ako na bahala mag-transfer." or something to that effect.

I just say, "Sir, responsibilidad ko pong siguraduhin na nai-transfer po nang maayos ang baril sa pangalan nyo. Kung may alam po kayo sa baril, dapat alam nyong hindi pwede yang gusto nyo."

6. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Sakin ok naman yung bumili , a cop and a security officer ng isang LGO
    Unfortunately , may 3rd party , who was the bankrobber na kumuha ng baril sa kanya sa banko ( naka blotter naman )
    Unfortunately no2, he only informed me 6 years later nung pinadalahan nako ni hepe ng letter about an unregistered combat commander
    Punyetang abala

7. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    buti nalang hindi sinabi, "wala bang pang merienda dyan?" hehehe.

8. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    Good thing when i sold my USP to a fellow bog ako na nag ayos ng transfer. Abala talaga at unusual pa yung time na pupuntahan ka nasanay yata sa raid na ginagawa pag malalim na ang tulog ng tao.

9. I was actually looking for the guy I sold it to, but he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Actually, in addition to my earlier predicament, there is another one i'm concerned with but not as troubling as the first one. I also sold a gun before to another person who registered the gun in his name. Problem is the serial no of my gun was xxxxb. When the guy transferred it to his name, it became xxxx b (with a space), so the gun still appears in my name. Was also wondering what to do in this situation.

10. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Pero dami pa rin matigas ang ulo na ok lang sila sa "Deed of Sale". Kung walang yellow paper hindi pa tapos ang transfer. I know someone who sold his rifle to his so called friend, kinamatayan na nung kaibigan ko hindi pa na-transfer yung rifle. Balita pa namin NPA yung so-called friend niya.

11. Mea culpa, sir Vega. But of course I had no reason to doubt that my friend would not transfer it to his name. Comes from a well off family type. This is because pag nahuli sa kanya yung baril, he will be charged with illegal possession if not yet licensed in his name.

12. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    And if he uses the FA to protect his life or his love ones life, he can be charge criminally and you for civil liability since technically it is still your firearm, Deed of Sale or not.

There are things that I close my eyes at walang kaibigan or kapatid. I just want the right thing done.

Yung ibang buyer sasabihin sa'yo na fully paid na yung baril kaya kaliwaan. Subukan niyang bumili sa gunstore pagtatawanan lang siya.

BTW - My post above was not directed to you....I'm speaking in general.

13. No offense taken, Sir. Honestly. But insofar as where I find myself in right now, believe me, I now know that there were some shortcomings on my part. As the saying goes, "nasa huli ang pagsisisi." Which is why I'm trying to find the solution to this self made problem. Hopefully, with the guidance from fellow BOGs who may have found themselves in this situation.

14. my friend has the same problem, much worst than what you have the person bought it from him tell him that he cant seems to remember who the 3rd person is... he insist on tellin the guy to sign their deed of sale but what the guy said is just used fictitious name instead and my friend didnt agree of course the worst part is he sells all his guns back then 5 to 6 yrs ago all at the same time as packaged deal... we been tryin to get all suggestions and advice from all our connection but no one gives the best answer to this... maybe some one here knows what to do or give him serious advice...

15. Yes, I sure hope that someone can give us the proper guidance.

16. another story a lady friend of mine also asking for urgent help 9yrs ago she moved to australia but before that shes tryin to sell her pocket pistol if im not mistaken its a beretta .380cal to her friend but then he hasnt enough money to pay for it so he gave her a couple of thousand pesos and he keep the pistol for safe keeping here is the bad story the guys son went to a province bring along the gun with him and for what he said he was stop at the check point and the cops found the gun in his car... guess what they let him go scott free but they took the gun..
    now she is back in the philippines for good what do you think will happen??? any expert giving opinion needed here....
    serious matter , serious advice only

17. You may want to explore the possibility of your friend filing an affidavit of loss with the sale never to have been completed. All parties should agree that this is the best alternative. Your friend's friend wouldnt want to complete the transfer anyway since the gun is now missing and I bet there would be an agreement here for everyone to void that deed of sale.

The other hypothetical question in my mind though is what does the law state when the deed of sale is dated and there is a clause saying that from this date, any responsibility on the firearm rests upon the buyer (i.e. forgot the wordings but in that essence and was meant to cover the seller from any liabilities arising from use or possession of the gun by the buyer), though the transfer has not yet been completed (i.e. yellow paper not yet obtained)?

Can a seller say that there was an agreement and as far as the seller was concerned that he/she thought the process was completed?

The reason for me asking is that my friend had a similar instance where he thought he saw that yellow form signed and all, apparently it was an application in process and was not yet approved by FED as he later found out that the gun is still under his name after 5 years now. Since he has no contact with the buyer, he is relying on that clause sort of indemnifying the seller from any criminal/ civil liability and that the buyer upon signing the deed of sale states that he/ she is responsible from said date.

18. my friend has the same problem, much worst than what you have the person bought it from him tell him that he cant seems to remember who the 3rd person is... he insist on tellin the guy to sign their deed of sale but what the guy said is just used fictitious name instead and my friend didnt agree of course the worst part is he sells all his guns back then 5 to 6 yrs ago all at the same time as packaged deal... we been tryin to get all suggestions and advice from all our connection but no one gives the best answer to this... maybe some one here knows what to do or give him serious advice...

in this problem friend of mine knows the buyer very well they are even KUMPARE so he trusted him that nothing will go wrong they he even have the deed of sale ready but his kumpare doesnt sign it yet up to this date..

another story a lady friend of mine also asking for urgent help 9yrs ago she moved to australia but before that shes tryin to sell her pocket pistol if im not mistaken its a beretta .380cal to her friend but then he hasnt enough money to pay for it so he gave her a couple of thousand pesos and he keep the pistol for safe keeping here is the bad story the guys son went to a province bring along the gun with him and for what he said he was stop at the check point and the cops found the gun in his car... guess what they let him go scott free but they took the gun..
    now she is back in the philippines for good what do you think will happen??? any expert giving opinion needed here....
    serious matter , serious advice only

and with this one she doesnt have anything signed paper whatsoever in her hand...

both friends of mine really worries and really bothered by their problems...
    can they take this to court or have them invited with the proper authority to shed lights on this matter?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  19. ans3288

ans3288

Nov 29, 2004
    truthfully speaking, these thing will not happen to people WE DONT TRUST, usually nangyayari ito dahil we TRUST the person na ka-deal natin.

i hope ma-resolve mga problema nyo at there are enough problems in one's life :)

20. Tony_Montana

Tony_Montana

Sep 1, 2009
    hay hirap magbenta ng FA ngayon gusto kase lahat bibilin lang unit tapos sila na magpapatransfer ang hirap kausap deed of sale lang daw