close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SOG Seal Pup Elite Users?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by WolfePack01, Apr 5, 2010.

1. WolfePack01

WolfePack01

Feb 15, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm thinking of getting a SOG Seal Pup Elite w/Black TiNi. Any one have one and like to offer suggestions or recommendations?

2. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    I don't have the elite, but I have a tiger-stripe seal-pup that I picked up in a px in Iraq. It's a lightweight knife, not particularly substantial. The blade looks to me like it wouldn't take much to snap off. The grip isn't well executed, but does have purchase. The blade finish isn't very durable. The blade is marked Tiwan, which doesn't inspire confidence. It wouldn't be my choice for a go-to knife.

3. nky1129

nky1129

May 18, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I have owned both the regular seal-pup and the elite. Because I liked the elite so much more, I gave the regular to a friend who needed a knife for camping. I've found the elite to be a good, light-weight knife. They improved the grip and jimping on the back of the blade. Good for most fixed-blade type tasks. Just remember that it's not an all-purpose camp knife. It's small, so it has it's limitations.

4. WolfePack01

WolfePack01

Feb 15, 2010
    South Carolina
    I don't plan to do too much with it, light camping and hunting. For my needs, I like the fact that it is not real big. And it doesn't hurt that it looks good too...:)