close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Soft armor outer carrier with Molle capabilities.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by EPTSSP, Nov 11, 2012.

1. EPTSSP

EPTSSP Vigilante

Hey all,
    I know this has probably been beaten to death. I have a friend looking for a soft armor carrier for "second chance" body armor that would have molle capabilities. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

2. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

JG Uniforms in Chicago. Even though I wasn't happy with how long mine took, I'm the exception to the rule, and they do make some great stuff. Is he looking for uniform or tactical style? They do both, for the record.

3. Knute

Knute "Nothin"

Just got one from Condor. I really like it. However, Second Chance does make one that is pretty sleek and that has molle attachments. The only place I have seen it is at my PD and was sent direct to them from the company. I have not seen it offered commercially. I bought my Condor for $85. The Second Chance one runs about $110.

4. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Second Chance makes one, FWIW.

One thing to consider is that armor manufacturers will not necessarily stand behind their warranty when their panels are used in somebody else's carrier.

5. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

The Condor carrier works well. So do their plate carriers. Regardless of what the internet commandos will tell you, Condor's carriers hold up under use and abuse. I would also look at TAG. They have good carriers at reasonable prices.

My way around that is to keep my armor in the concealed carrier panels when I put it in my external carrier. Problem solved. ;)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. EPTSSP

EPTSSP Vigilante

Thanks for the answers. For clarification he wants a "tactical" style carrier. I was unaware that second chance has one. My armor came with one and it is made by KDH.

7. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

I was recently looking at Blauer's armor skin and this is basically what some of the armor manufacturers were requiring, per letters from the manufacturers that Blauer had obtained and published on their site. I found it to be very up front of them.

8. EPTSSP

EPTSSP Vigilante

Thanks again for all the responses. I forwarded the information to him.