close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Social Thread LVII: Who'da thunk it?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by CJStudent, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    he's just old. old people are weak... so they get sick more often.

2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I'm going to beat both of you with my cane when I see you... Achtung gestalt Reichstag!

3. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    You know what's more awesome than getting mandated for a double shift two nights before drill, so you only get about 4-5 hours sleep BOTH nights instead of just one? An Afghani dentist with a foot powered drill removing all your teeth without anaesthetic.

Needless to say, I'm dragging today. I'll like it when the paycheck comes, though.

4. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

That sucks.

And, on the latter mentioned, don't give the PHS and government dentists any ideas.:rofl:

Me: Went for a little while for overtime. Emergency med trip happens was we are getting back, and we are tagged for it. So, a full days pay plus overtime pay will result from that one.

Nothing like the odour of searing burning human flesh still being in my nostrils. Now, I am hungry. (Quit looking at me like that, I went without my lunch today). Fava beans anyone?

5. Hack

6. GumbyDammit

GumbyDammit Xtra CoCheese

I worked last night till 0200 and then at my other job at 0800 this morning. Not much happening in Gotham last night, but I did have a couple of chub moments. One when a neighboring agency had a pursuit that touched a corner of our city (I was no where near, but still) and one when I got a spin in one of our new Chargers :) They are the baddest of ass!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOAVa7emKcc"]Ricky Bobby has a chubby! - YouTube[/ame]

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

8. GumbyDammit

That started out cool, but as it went on I found myself looking for a knockout, which I quickly realized would never happen. They should probably do this with bigger sticks if they want TV time.

9. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    3 weeks night shift down, 1 more to go :yawn:

10. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
  11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Savate Cane Combat is not a style for outright power and knockouts. Savate, even the kickboxing form, is focused more on proper technique and executing precise attacks with style.

An experienced Savateur can deliver hits to a specific area on your body over and over and over, as compared to most martial artists who deliver hits to a general area in a fight.

The bouts are scored for precision and proper execution of technique when they strike certain targets on the opponent, not for power. Depending on which rules they fight under, excessive force without proper technique will get you penalized.

12. Hack

13. GumbyDammit

Okay, so kind of like chess with sticks??

14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Sort of... a strategic dance of death executed by tacticians.

Then again, realize that this is the competition sport version of Savate cane combat. In real life applications, where Savate originally was conceived as a street combat system designed to ward off the violent thugs that preyed late 19th Century French streets, Savate cane combat can be quite deadly and you will see knockouts when a Savateur cracks a solid wood cane on the head of a ruffian.

15. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Jun 12, 2006
    OK, USA
    So I worked 8 days in a row. I get one day off, then back to work. On my one day off, the Sgt had the balls to ask me if I could come in to cover a shift. There was real danger of him being choked through the phone.

5 days on the range last week (all but one over 100*), one day off, patrol shift, three days at the range this week. I'm so sick of firearms and ammo and qual courses and magazines and everything related that I think I want to take up golf as a profession. Think it's too late?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You're actually too young to take up golf as a profession. Why don't you spend a few years watching paint dry and then you will be prepared for all the excitement of golf.

17. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Jun 12, 2006
    OK, USA
    Good call. My wife likes to repaint rooms on occasion. I can be the paint-dryer-watcher-dude.

18. RMolina628

RMolina628 got a job!

May 28, 2009
    Northern MI
    Paint and sundries curing observer is the proper title, and there is an app for that.