Glock Talk banner

Social Thread LVII: Who'da thunk it?

97K views 1K replies 26 participants last post by  OfficerChris 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#27 ·
It's very quiet on the forum tonight.
I worked 18 hours or so yesterday. Dog tired from that, after only having a 3 hour nap, and turning back to work; with a short med trip on top of it all. But, the check will look good.:faint:

#28 ·
Well, looks like I may be buying a house here soon! I'm hopefully going to look at one either Monday or Tuesday; log home on a little over 6 acres.

#30 ·
That, sir, would be awesome! Good luck!:cool:
Thanks! It's a bit on the small side; 1030 sq ft, 2 bed, 1 bath, but it's just about perfect for me. I might have to add on later, if I get married/kids, etc, but it'll be worth it.

#33 ·
6 acres and only 1,030ft2?

That's crazy!

Over here, it's like 4,000ft2 lot with a 2,800ft2 house so your yard is basically big enough to put your slippers on.
Yeah, it's set up with a bunch of outbuildings and pastures for horses. I'm thinking of converting it to cattle next year sometime.

#35 ·
Well, looks like I may be buying a house here soon! I'm hopefully going to look at one either Monday or Tuesday; log home on a little over 6 acres.
Good luck, and watch for that fine print.:supergrin:

#38 ·
this summer sucks, so far only 2 warm days and 50 days of rain.
I'll trade you highs in the low hundreds, and approaching dust bowl conditions. :faint:

#39 ·
Any of you guys ever order from LA Police gear? Decent company to deal with?
I haven't dealt with them. Streichers; Galls; AD Meyers, (mostly uniforms with AD Meyers). I have had pretty good luck with all three.

#41 ·
okay, you get 18°C/65F and heavy rain + wind.
Hey a few days of that would actually be welcome by a lot of us over here. It's been so freaking hot a person could fry an egg on the asphalt without a problem. I actually enjoy being at work in a cool environment verses being outside frying my brain out.

#43 ·
one reason why I travel to Vegas at the end of November.

to avoid the heat.
Right. I don't see how people live there, and enjoy it. I know it is a much drier heat than where I live presently, which makes it a bit more bearable for them, I'm sure.

End of this next week, and we're off to NY Upstate a couple of days afterwards. I am kind of looking forward to getting there, where hopefully it is a bit cooler, and also take about a half day to enjoy Niagara Falls.

#48 ·
Any of you guys ever order from LA Police gear? Decent company to deal with?
I have a few times.

First time, I ordered a bunch of things, waited for a month, wondered what happened... being they are really only about an hour away from me... After a few calls, they said 2 items were sold out and they were waiting for the order to be complete before shipping it out to me.

I said you could have called me or even emailed to let me know you were holding the whole order. I would have told you to ship what you got and cancel the rest or wait on the rest or whatever. So they finally shipped what they had and I just cancelled the out of stock items.

The second time, after reading some reviews, I just ordered and wrote in the special instructions and comments, "Cancel any backordered or sold out items, do not wait, just ship what is in stock immediately."

They shipped right away and I got my order in a few days. Their prices are decent but it's cancelled out by me having to pay CA sales tax because it's local so the 8.75% and shipping sorta ruins it.

Honestly, I have been buying from ****** a lot because they don't charge for shipping or tax, even though they are in CA. Their price is the price and they have been shipping super fast. Everytime I order something, it's here in 2 days.

#49 ·
So I went to a MOPAR meeting today at a very small racetrack about an hour away.
Lots of awesome cars there, oh I would love to have one of these, the sound is just unbelievable good.
Next time you come, I take you to Cars & Coffee and Supercar Sunday. You will see anything there is to see about cars.

You will get so jaded that it's not even funny.

Last few weekends, there were 5 Aventadors, tons of R8s, lots of Gallardos, Vipers, 8 McLaren MP4s, assorted Ferraris (599, California, 458, etc.), along with tons and tons of classic muscle cars like the Mopars, classic Mustangs, Stingray Corvettes, 69 Camaro, GT54-0, AC Cobra, Veyron, you name it.

PM me your address, gotta send out your stuff before it becomes collectible.:whistling:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.