close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Social Thread LV Autumn At Last

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Hack, Sep 29, 2011.

1. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Tasers are fun :supergrin: And multiple pairs of gloves are a must. I'm pretty paranoid, with all the diseases I work around now.

2. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I have survived Cuban detainees. If I can survive that I can survive about anything. (Checks self), where the heck did that come from?:rofl:

3. RMolina628

RMolina628 got a job!

May 28, 2009
    Northern MI
    same way being on a college campus, with all the parents who did not get their kids vaccinated back in the 90's so now they come down with what I thought was some archaic diseases.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

If you get a taser, you need oil based oc to go with it. Youtube if need be for instructions.:whistling:

5. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Day two of DOD Hazmat Certifier (Technical Transportation of Hazardous Materials). This is a 4-credit-hour college course condensed into two weeks, literally. 6 books, plus 3 more added next week to cover vessels, commercial air, and military air.

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

4 semester or quarter units?

Either way, cramming a full 4 unit course into 2 weeks means 5x longer courses per day minimum. You gotta basically cram 40 hours into 2 weeks of time and allow for full comprehension and retention.

7. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    4 semester hours. And it's an 80-hour course. Full time job for two weeks.

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Got it. My math was off a bit. 3 quarter units = 40 hours in 10 weeks. 6 quarter units (4 semester) units is 80 hours.

9. vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

May 31, 2005
    Florida
    Damn guys. A friend had a medical emergency while driving and crashed his patrol car tonight. If you pray, pray for him, please.

I can't go into the specifics, but he's in the ICU right now. We'll find out more later.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  10. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Prayers en route, VG.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. I hope its more interesting than the hazmat training I've been forced to sit through. We got a full week of it during the academy and it was without a doubt the most borning stuff I've ever been subjected to in my life. The vast majority of the info was geared toward firefighters, not cops. All of the useful info realistically could have been condensed into a day.

12. I know I'm a little late seeing this, but geez...prayers on the way!

13. Hack

Sorry to hear about the bad stuff. Prayers for his healing, brother.

14. Hack

You definitely have a full schedule.

15. Hack

Well, qualified again on all the bang bang tools. I am now officially licensed for another year of carrying and shooting. I had a fairly decent time regardless of the weather being a little chilly. Pain reliever for the joints and dressed to keep warm was a necessity today. I still have to go back in for the stomp and drag, and cleaning of weapons.